Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB 2017 MS100(any variant) low miles with FUSC/SC01 & accident free. I know there are some out there. Cash in hand - no checks/no loans.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to turn your WTB thread into a conversation but perhaps some info that you may (or may not) find useful if you didn't know already:

You'll be looking for a P100D specifically if your desire is FUSC. There as no overlap in production of the 100D and FUSC. There was a very brief window of P100D but the # of those in the wild that still have FUSC is a shrinking number given how Tesla strips all of the ones they take in on trade or lease return.

Unless you plan to Supercharge every single day I'd suggest finding something newer for all of the advantages you get and then just paying for Supercharging whenever you need it. We're a Tesla-only family and have been for many years. The last time I Supercharged was on a trip back from Arizona with a used P100D I bought. Other than that planned trip/expenditure, it's been years. Even that trip was under $80 paying out-of-pocket for the full trip.

I think I read a statistic that the average owner with FUSC saved less than $200 per year. When you consider the price of a Model S P100D/100D it's barely a drop in the bucket to pay for it and get a car that fits your needs that may not have it. I think you'd have to be a pretty heavy user to make it worth your time and investment given how small of a pool that gives you to choose from. You'll undoubtedly overspend for that one feature.

Just food for thought as I see a lot of people who put more value in that one item. It seems like it's more valuable on paper than most get from in in practice. Good luck with the search!

Reactions: ShareLofty
Not to turn your WTB thread into a conversation but perhaps some info that you may (or may not) find useful if you didn't know already:

You'll be looking for a P100D specifically if your desire is FUSC. There as no overlap in production of the 100D and FUSC. There was a very brief window of P100D but the # of those in the wild that still have FUSC is a shrinking number given how Tesla strips all of the ones they take in on trade or lease return.

Unless you plan to Supercharge every single day I'd suggest finding something newer for all of the advantages you get and then just paying for Supercharging whenever you need it. We're a Tesla-only family and have been for many years. The last time I Supercharged was on a trip back from Arizona with a used P100D I bought. Other than that planned trip/expenditure, it's been years. Even that trip was under $80 paying out-of-pocket for the full trip.

I think I read a statistic that the average owner with FUSC saved less than $200 per year. When you consider the price of a Model S P100D/100D it's barely a drop in the bucket to pay for it and get a car that fits your needs that may not have it. I think you'd have to be a pretty heavy user to make it worth your time and investment given how small of a pool that gives you to choose from. You'll undoubtedly overspend for that one feature.

Just food for thought as I see a lot of people who put more value in that one item. It seems like it's more valuable on paper than most get from in in practice. Good luck with the search!
Thank you for your very sage and pragmatic advice. I live in a condo complex and cannot charge at home and get to charge at work occasionally so I use my FUSC quite a bit but only drive about 1K a month. My other reasoning for the 2017 w/100 battery is my understanding you cannot put a 100+ battery into the older MS because of structural loading issues. I still get 238 range rating @ 100% charge but see the handwriting on the wall and just wanting to get ahead of the curve while my 2014 still has decent value. Frank

Reactions: ShareLofty
Thank you for your very sage and pragmatic advice. I live in a condo complex and cannot charge at home and get to charge at work occasionally so I use my FUSC quite a bit but only drive about 1K a month. My other reasoning for the 2017 w/100 battery is my understanding you cannot put a 100+ battery into the older MS because of structural loading issues. I still get 238 range rating @ 100% charge but see the handwriting on the wall and just wanting to get ahead of the curve while my 2014 still has decent value. Frank
Makes sense. Some do find a benefit in FUSC beyond the average so it sounds like maybe you would fit that category.

As for the 100kWh packs in older cars, it can be done if the have the Smart Air Suspension or it needs to be retrofitted onto the car. There's a shop that posts here that does these swaps all the time that would be a good resource for additional info on that topic if you wanted to know more.

Makes sense. Some do find a benefit in FUSC beyond the average so it sounds like maybe you would fit that category.

As for the 100kWh packs in older cars, it can be done if the have the Smart Air Suspension or it needs to be retrofitted onto the car. There's a shop that posts here that does these swaps all the time that would be a good resource for additional info on that topic if you wanted to know more.
Thanks - I scrolled thru but did not see. If you happen upon it, could you please send me the link? Thanks so much for your help; Yes I do have the smart air suspension.