Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: HPWC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for a second HPWC to set up for occasional track use. Anyone have one they want to let go of? Used, blemished, etc all ok as long as it works at the 48 amp rate. Don't care about color, but want the 24' cable.

I've seen several for sale for upwards of $400, which is more than I want to spend for something I'll use only occasionally. Willing to buy outright, but also have a Gen 1 UMC with 14-50 adapter that we could work into a trade plus cash if interested..

I purchased a wall charger but ultimately opted to install a NEMA 14-50 plug instead, which works fine for my usage. I bought the charger used, but it is in the original packaging and complete. If interested I can get you a picture of what I have.

I believe I have exactly what you're looking for. Are you still in the market?

I purchased a wall charger but ultimately opted to install a NEMA 14-50 plug instead, which works fine for my usage. I bought the charger used, but it is in the original packaging and complete. If interested I can get you a picture of what I have.

Sending PM...

All set! Thanks @rustyw :cool:

IMG_20191102_081735.jpg

48A rate with a 14-50 plug attached?
Yep. This is for use at the track on track days between sessions. 32 and 40 amp charge rates (10% and 12.5% gain per hour respectively) from either generation UMC are not sufficient for me to avoid a supercharger trip at some point during a 4 session track day...I think 48 amps (15% per hour) will charge fast enough to avoid this. While I'm not concerned with electrical code in a temporary scenario like this, the longest break I've seen between sessions is about 2 hours, well under the 3 hour limit for a load to be considered continuous and requiring the circuit to be derated by 20%.

Last edited: