Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB Model 3 19 inch wheels (4).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I've been thinking, and looking at other Teslas, and I might like to get a set of OEM 19 inch Model 3 wheels to replace my 18 inch Aeros. In the spring I'll get a set of OEM tires put on them and put them on the car.

I'm offering $400 for the wheels.

Math? A set of 4 tires will rap me for about $1000. The Tesla factory price for 19 inch wheels & tires is $1500. So after tires, mounting, balancing, and tax, that leaves roughly $400 for wheels.

If you're within a couple hundred miles of Pittsburgh, I'll come pick them up. If you're farther, we can meet in the middle or you can ship them to me.

Yes, that's why I'm looking for 4 good used wheels for $400. We all know that Tesla grossly overcharges for every little thing, so basing anything on their prices is not realistic. And I wouldn't get the winter tires, but rather the OEM Continental all seasons that come on 19" Model 3's.

I am realistic. These are commonly available OEM wheels. They are not special or unique in any way. That's why they are only worth $100 apiece. That's the price I am offering. Everything on the Tesla website is grossly overpriced, and it is foolish to think these plain OEM wheels are worth the same price in the used market.

Plus, I'll have to put tires on these wheels, and that's $1000 right there.

Even aftermarket wheels have ridiculous prices of $1500 or more for a set of 4. Double NOPE to them!

• Funny
Reactions: EVJunkie
I'm not in a hurry to buy. Even if I got a fair deal on wheels now, they wouldn't go on the car until spring when it is due for new tires.

I had an idea of a different kind of offer today. Cryptocurrency. I've been in the crypto market since 2013 and have been through several price surges and declines. The market is down right now, and people who were foolish enough to mortgage their houses and spend big on the last coin surge, only to buy at the top and watch it fall all through 2018, will be looking to sell out before the end of the year to claim a big loss on their taxes. That will further drop the prices and give me a better buying opportunity.

I doubt there are many people here astute enough and informed enough on the crypto coin market (and NO, watching Bloomberg and CNN Money is far from the whole story), but if there are, make a Coinbase account and let me know, and I'd offer to transfer to you $400 worth of one of the top coins (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, etc), for a set of wheels without tires. Then you simply need to hodl it into next year and let the price ride up during the next surge. And you may end up with even more than the $1000 some people here claim these ordinary OEM wheels are worth. If you want Ripple (XRP) coins, make an account on Bittrex.

And do your own coin research if you don't fully understand the market, I'm not here to explain it all to you. Start with www.historyofbitcoin.org .

We all know that Tesla grossly overcharges for every little thing, so basing anything on their prices is not realistic. And I wouldn't get the winter tires, but rather the OEM Continental all seasons that come on 19" Model 3's.

It appears not many Tesla owners have bought $50-$60k cars from other luxury brands before. If you have you would know Tesla absolutely does not overcharge on most things. A single 19" wheel from Mercedes is $1200 vs $300 from Tesla ($4800 vs $1200 for a set). Mercedes and Audi have key fobs for $400 vs $150 from Tesla.

I don't think damaged 19" Tesla wheels would even sell for as low as $400.

On your crypto offer, if someone wanted to do that, they could easily sell their wheels for $800 and have double the amount of coins.

Last edited:
With the recent price crash working to my advantage, I have added to my crypto coins I am hodling. At the moment I have 5420 Ripple XRP, 15 Litecoins, 3038 Stellar Lumens, and 114 EOS. Now I'll just let it ride for 6 months or a year or 2 until the next big crypto wave, then cash out for PROFITS.

But as I said earlier, if someone wanted to make a smart sale (smarter for ME, but whatever), they'd sell me a set of 4 for $400 in Litecoin now. At today's price of $30 per Litecoin, that'd be 13.333 LTC. So we will pretend a transaction such as this has been made, and see how much someone could have made when the prices rise again. We'll see what 13.333 LTC becomes worth in a surging market, and what someone could have had.

Seriously, these wheels are not worth more than $100 each, they are plain OEM wheels. Anyone paying more is overpaying, I don't care what Tesla charges for them.

• Funny
Reactions: EVJunkie
I've continued to invest in cryptocurrencies while the prices are down, and am now holding $7000 worth.

Today, Litecoin price touched $57.36. That'd be $765 if someone had taken my offer a couple months ago. I don't expect anyone to do it now, the offer is closed. I just wanted to point out that I WAS RIGHT, and someone could have profited nicely from my deal, as Litecoin prices are a long way from topping out. And anyone who laughed at my offer clearly didn't know what they were talking about.

Math? A set of 4 tires will rap me for about $1000. The Tesla factory price for 19 inch wheels & tires is $1500. So after tires, mounting, balancing, and tax, that leaves roughly $400 for wheels.
$1,500 is the upgrade price. For that, you're giving up existing 18" inch wheels and tires.

Last time I called Tesla, they offered a single 19" wheel without tires for $375 a piece. That's $1,500 for the wheels alone, not including tax, tires, mounting, nor balancing.

Stop ruining my logic with facts!!! o_O

And Litecoin is just over $60 per coin today, which would be $800 if someone had taken the opportunity. The price has doubled from when I bought mine just a couple months ago. I had thought to buy more Litecoins, but I was also buying several other coins at the same time.

Stop ruining my logic with facts!!! o_O

And Litecoin is just over $60 per coin today, which would be $800 if someone had taken the opportunity. The price has doubled from when I bought mine just a couple months ago. I had thought to buy more Litecoins, but I was also buying several other coins at the same time.
Hahaha, sorry! I just felt like saying that since Tesla's body shop recently replaced one of my wheels and the part listed at $375. I called to confirm out of curiosity. They let me keep the old one. I wanted to make a small table out of it but my wife wants me to sell it for $250 instead. :(

I bought some Litecoin back in 2017 when they were at $70. The decline scared me and I ended up selling all halfway through 2018 for $83.

If LTC were still at $30 or less, I'd consider selling it for $15K worth of LTC. But at the current $60 price, a lot of the profit margin is gone, and you'd have to have gotten in early at the low end of the price range like I did. I saw the price dip coming and waited over a month to buy.

Due to the recent crypto coins price surge, Litecoin is currently at $92, and has been floating between $85 and $97 for the last week.

Know what that means? I WAS RIGHT. If someone had taken my original offer of $400 of LTC when they were $30 each, for 13.333 LTC, they'd be able to cash in those LTC now at $92 each, for $1226. That's over $300 per used wheel if you had done it my way.

I'm currently hodling 15 LTC in my stash of crypto coins (bought mostly at market bottom prices), and I am already regretting not buying more, even though I have tripled my investment (in the LTC part), since December. I'm hoping for another huge price dip, at which time I'll buy up even more for the next price surge.

And the more I think about it, maybe I don't want 19 inch wheels after all, no one who sees my 3 would know or care, and the 18s give a little better ride anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pkmmte