TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

WTB: model S, SF bay area, 50-57k

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by wrysys, Aug 31, 2016.

1. wrysys

wrysys Member

Interested in buying Model S. At least 60kw. No need for other options besides dual chargers. Extended warranty would be obviously nice. Looking for a commuter as my current car has reached the point wear repair work would exceed car's value.

2. PratikChicago

PratikChicago Member

3. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Tesla recently had a big price reduction in the CPO fleet across the board. There may be some better deals there now than there were a couple of weeks ago.
    I have to agree with you as a Bay Area commuter, the MS is a fantastic car to get around in at rush hour.

4. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Note that dual chargers can be added so don't pass up on a good car if it doesn't currently have it - just factor it into your price.

You mentioned commute - I have a traffic heavy commute in my non AP car and would very much enjoy AP if my budget allowed.

5. wrysys

wrysys Member

are the 2014 MS much better than 2013? The cpo list mostly shows early 2013s

6. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

@wrysys
    AutoPilot hardware began being added to MS in mid September 2014. That is a huge hit on the value of a vehicle. If you commute a lot, think seriously about getting an AP vehicle. I use it every day commuting. That is a good filter for the used vehicles available. On the other hand if you don't think you will need AP, you can save money on a used purchase.

7. hmmm

hmmm Member

Note that there is a (sometimes significant) shadow inventory of CPOs and Inv. cars not visible on the public tesla site and by extension other public sites aggregating that data. So I would always reach out to an OA and work with him/her directly when you're ready to pull the trigger. A couple of good OAs are mentioned here: Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease