TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB P85 for $50,000

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jdcorbitt3, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

I am looking for a Model S P85 with Pano Roof, Tech Package, Super Sound, and Air suspension. I have a buyer for my ICE. My wife has a 60 so I need to be faster.

John

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. Mike K

Mike K Member

There is one in the for sale section for $50,000. I believe it had $76,000 miles on it though. Can you shoot me a message? There was a low mileage local one that was a good deal but not a good deal for me since I just bought another car. I can put you in touch with that guy.

3. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Im on the fence for buying a new one. Mine is a Signature Red 35,000 miles in Ft Lauderdale ... Tesla offered me $52k I'd be looking to do a tad better than that in a private sale .... Insanely immaculate ..

4. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

John,

I have a red P85 with those features, plus 22 inch wheels. 33k miles. I'm in Tampa. Am considering an upgrade this fall and have not even started to research value of my car. Are you the guy who bought Krystal's car? If so, she has seen my car and knows I take good care of it.

Regards,

Steve

• Like x 1
  5. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

Steve

I am the guy that bought Blue Persuation from Chrystal. I would love to see a photo of your car. I will know tomorrow if my Miata is sold. I do have a family car I can borrow until I can take delivery of a P85.

John

6. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

I am pushing it spending $50k with my wife. I will keep you posted via this thread, however.

John

7. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

P.m. Sent

8. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

It's Christal!

Our group chat has been alerted to this thread. :) I've also seen Steve's car and can vouch for it being immaculate. I'd hate to see it go for 50K though because that means my non-P is worth even less.

9. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

Hi Christal
    I have corrected your name in my contacts list. Your 90D is all wheel drive with AP, new facia, center console and almost 4 years newer. The first gen cars are taking a hit, primarily due to lack of AP. I would love AP and All wheel drive, but for us to have two Model Ss, I will also have to have a first gen S. I am fine with that as my garage will then be ICE free. I like that concept. I love the Miata, but enjoy driving Blue Persuation more. A local guy has offered a lot of money for the Miata. If his wife agrees, he is buying it tomorrow. I also like the idea of buying a car you know, so Steve's car is high on the list, sight unseen.

John

10. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

Hello Rick
    I just realized it was you. Sorry about that. I thought the Flying Squirril was posting.

John

11. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

I'm her alter-ego. And yes, I'm very well aware that my non-autopilot car has taken a huge depreciation hit!

12. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW???

I'm almost as excited for you as I was for me when i decided to upgrade!

And yes, Steve's car is treated better than his wife, I'm pretty sure...

13. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

Just think of the miles of smiles that you have already had. If you do decide to eventually sell it, think of the miles of smiles the new owner will have and the Miles of smiles you will have with your P100DL. My wife, I think, is getting as much enjoyment out of Blue Persuation as Christal did. I just had a friend get a $15k+ discount on a new P90DL from Tesla because it was an inventory car when the P100DL came out. I am afraid depreciation on Teslas is going to be technology based as well as mileage based, sort of like a MacBook or iPad.

John

14. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

I am hoping to become a two Tesla family and zero ICE family.

John

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

gonna go big and get that P100DL?

16. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I think you'll have better luck than I did! But that turned out well for Chrissy!

17. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

I forgot. Krystal is her stage name.

18. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

It's calling me. Zero to 60 in 2.5. I could get to work in two minutes instead of three (assuming no law enforcement on Bayshore).

19. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

I'll be glad to send you a photo, but only after I have a chance to detail. FYI, I am the only person who has washed my car (other than two times at Tesla Service center). I originally had opticoat on the car and later switched to a different coating, all done professionally by a detailler in Tampa. All four tires are less than one year old. I also have the all weather trunk protector ( those FSU tailgates get a little crazy) and the Tesla bag that fits into the original "microwave" box in the trunk. All of these Tesla newbies will have no idea what I'm talking about.

We have a "little" rain coming (by the way, add "max charge" to your hurricane preparedness list), but I will probably detail on Monday. Hopefully that's soon enough for you.

20. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Rick sold Lil Smokey (Jetta), good thing you have a loaner!