Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: TPMS for new wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a set of 19” wheels and a set of snow tires that I plan to run on my 2016 Model S in winters moving forward. Last thing I need before I have the tire shop put them together is the tire pressure sensors.

There’s a dizzying array of options online and I don’t know exactly what does or doesn’t work. If anyone has some for sale that you know work with my model and year, I’d love to buy them. If you can link to any for sale that you know work, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Search eBay for 433mhz tpms, any will work. I paid $10 for a set of 4 last time I bought them. You can get the same thing on amazon, but they’re much more expensive for the exact same thing. Generics work fine, no reason to pay for the brand name. Just need to be 433mhz.

Reactions: domodan
I just installed one of the Pilot ones and left the original 3 Tesla ones in the other wheels and reset the TPMS sensors via the maintenance tab on the screen. So far I have about 15 miles on the car and none of the sensors are reading, not even the 3 OEM that worked before.. I'll give this another day of driving before I start over..

Alright, so I bought those cheap Pilot ones on eBay and they don’t work. Back to the drawing board as the constant errors are pissing me off after putting the winter tires on today. Can anyone point to any that work other than from Tesla for $80/each?

I just installed one of the Pilot ones and left the original 3 Tesla ones in the other wheels and reset the TPMS sensors via the maintenance tab on the screen. So far I have about 15 miles on the car and none of the sensors are reading, not even the 3 OEM that worked before.. I'll give this another day of driving before I start over..
I got some new ones that are advertised they’ll work with Tesla. I’m swapping them out tomorrow.

Confirmed that the 1 Pilot TPMS sensor that I installed does NOT work. TPMS system fault error has now appeared, and the other 3 Tesla brand sensors are back to working normally.

Which ones did you get and for how much? I have a tire machine, so I just popped the one sensor in myself real quick.

I got some new ones that are advertised they’ll work with Tesla. I’m swapping them out tomorrow.

Confirmed that the 1 Pilot TPMS sensor that I installed does NOT work. TPMS system fault error has now appeared, and the other 3 Tesla brand sensors are back to working normally.

Which ones did you get and for how much? I have a tire machine, so I just popped the one sensor in myself real quick.

I paid $50 shipped for a set of 4 on eBay. I’ll find the link and share it here.