Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
XCare is releasing Battery and Drive Unit coverage this year for vehicles 2016 and newer with <100k miles at time of coverage.
The coverage will be available up to 250k miles, as part of XCare or as a stand alone product (for Tesla only) in most states.
Our coverage will have the same standard as Tesla, 70% capacity or less for replacement. Pricing is still being developed.
XCare is releasing Battery and Drive Unit coverage this year for vehicles 2016 and newer with <100k miles at time of coverage.
The coverage will be available up to 250k miles, as part of XCare or as a stand alone product (for Tesla only) in most states.
Our coverage will have the same standard as Tesla, 70% capacity or less for replacement. Pricing is still being developed.
Timing of the new product? More directly, will it be cheaper to bundle, or if already in xcare, a reasonable add on?

For me, I have about a month before my mileage bumps to a price increase. If the new product is not available in time, I have to guess as to the most cost effective path.

had great experience as well, replaced charging port, got reimbursed in a timely manner, acknowledging i was a bit hesitant when i was purchasing the coverage., I do think the claims process can be improved just becase there's so many back and forth. Would recommend!
Agree, my first claim process was a bit confusing, some of it had to do with Tesla’s ways of mid-diagnosing & changing amount of repairs last min. Also, Xcare doesn’t like covering things that are not actually “completely” broken - which is frustrating because we don’t want things working half-ass & if it isn’t functioning as it should, it should be covered for repairs.

Agree, my first claim process was a bit confusing, some of it had to do with Tesla’s ways of mid-diagnosing & changing amount of repairs last min. Also, Xcare doesn’t like covering things that are not actually “completely” broken - which is frustrating because we don’t want things working half-ass & if it isn’t functioning as it should, it should be covered for repairs.
Can you expand on that: "not covering things that are not actually completely broken"?

I'm unaware of this particular issue, but I do know that if Tesla recommends replacement and/or the part is near failure, we do replace.

I'm unaware of this particular issue, but I do know that if Tesla recommends replacement and/or the part is near failure, we do replace.

I can explain, as I experienced this.

XCare covers REPLACEMENT of parts with new, not ADJUSTMENT of existing parts. For example, I brought my car in for some suspension pops and creaks. The SC determined that they just needed to adjust the subframe bolt torque.

Since my existing components were merely adjusted and nothing was REPLACED, XCare did not pay out on that service.

I can explain, as I experienced this.

XCare covers REPLACEMENT of parts with new, not ADJUSTMENT of existing parts. For example, I brought my car in for some suspension pops and creaks. The SC determined that they just needed to adjust the subframe bolt torque.

Since my existing components were merely adjusted and nothing was REPLACED, XCare did not pay out on that service.
Thanks for the clarification. Adjustments, lubrication and other routine service are not covered, but are usually pretty inexpensive. Appreciate the opportunity to address this, and have a great weekend! Brent @ XCare

From their web site :

“Coming Soon…

This will be available as an a-la-carte offering to all of our existing and future XCare members. We are incredibly excited to roll this out to the EV community, as this will give peace of mind to every EV owner who is worried about the cost of replacement for their HV Drive battery and/or Drive Motors.”

From their web site :

“Coming Soon…

This will be available as an a-la-carte offering to all of our existing and future XCare members. We are incredibly excited to roll this out to the EV community, as this will give peace of mind to every EV owner who is worried about the cost of replacement for their HV Drive battery and/or Drive Motors.”
Brent @ X-Care said March 2023 (on a previous post if I remember correctly). Any updates Brent?

Brent @ X-Care said March 2023 (on a previous post if I remember correctly). Any updates Brent?
The new contract is out to the States for approval, and as soon as we finish final edits (each state regulates warranties differently, and requires distinct verbiage) we will be releasing. We are very excited, and hope to have this available nationwide very soon! Sorry for the delay :-(

Thanks for the update. I deal with payroll tax rules from all states and all taxing entities within those states. It used to be something I handled with phone calls to the right person. Internet helps, but to keep up with the with the whims of each tax/political entity I also subscribe to a service which helps me keep up. My first pet insurance provider was stuck with poor timing and had to keep a low rate for about three years, then face backlash when they were approved for a new (and hefty) rate change.

Private business is now involved with payroll withholding as they have sold several (and growing number) of states on retirement deductions for those who have not figured out they can open their own.

Hi Brent,

I’m looking to buy a used P100D or a Performance Model S this July somewhere on the mainland as part of my summer vacation and then drive it to the west coast to be shipped home to Hawaii. I was planning on buying a warranty should I end up buying something that is no longer covered by Tesla however looking at your FAQ I note:

Can I immediately use XCare EV once Purchased?
Once the coverage plan is purchased, you have a 30 day grace period until your warranty is activated. During this grace period, you may also choose to cancel and receive a 100% refund. If you purchased a used Tesla through a dealer or private party, please work on getting your ownership transfer completed through the Tesla application. This is specific for Tesla owners since you will need to transfer ownership to properly schedule service through the Tesla application.

I read that as I would not be covered at all while driving the car on my vacation/trip, correct? That is a major no-go for me. Is it possible to get an exception to this? Or pay an “average price” 30 days beforehand to start running the clock even if I still have not found/decided on a car and then pay more or get a partial refund once I purchase the warranty? Ideas? Solutions?

Second concern:
My used M3LR ownership purchase and transfer on the Tesla app went smoothly/was immediate so that’s the only experience I had. I have read about others who have had issues with transferring ownership and needing to email copies of either the title and/or registration to Tesla to make the transfer happen on the app and sometimes that this possibly takes weeks. If there are issues with transferring electronic ownership to me upon purchase, will I be denied the extended warranty coverage or unable to purchase the warranty coverage until I get the car back into Hawaii, inspected, and title transferred?

Thanks,

Paul

I sent them a direct email this morning. We’ll see. Since I would not be picking up this car until July 10, and it’s June 3 I do wonder about buying the policy now so that it’s in effect when I pick it up. Would that work do you suppose?

-Paul

No, buying sight unseen so likely will put down a 5k deposit and then fly over to verify the car and seller are both legit, then hand over a cashiers check for the remaining 50-odd grand. At least that’s the tentative plan.

-Paul