Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased X-Care for wifey’s 2018 Model 3 just before factory warranty expired. Got the dreaded “steering assist reduced” message and a $2,500.00 estimate. I didn’t really trust a tow truck not to damage it so I drove an hour to Kennesaw Georgia service center. Service rep wasn’t particularly helpful but C-Care gave them a credit card number and they were happy. Rental car company paid only three days so it cost me an extra hundred bucks. Not complaining. I don’t expect Brent to lend me his car and load mine on his rollback. They have to subcontract the towing and rental car. Overall I am very pleased.
Larry in Georgia
Should have called, I would have loaned you my other car :)

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Just sold my 2023 Model S a few months after buying a X Care warranty. The process of receiving a prorated refund for the warranty was fairly painless and quick. My refund was pretty close to the purchase price. I think that says a lot of good things about the quality of this company.

I just sold my 2016 X that had another 5 years or so on the plan and was hoping to transfer it to somebody else...too bad the car went to Carvana and nobody will benefit from it. I'm very happy with XC and plan on purchasing the warranty when the factory warranty is up on my Y.

Just sold my 2023 Model S a few months after buying a X Care warranty. The process of receiving a prorated refund for the warranty was fairly painless and quick. My refund was pretty close to the purchase price. I think that says a lot of good things about the quality of this company.
Thanks for the kind words @TLLMRRJ ! Hope you will join us again with a future Tesla or EV. Happy driving!
-Team XCare

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Well my 2020 MSP with 9k mls tesla warranty expires in 90 days or so from now. Planning on keeping the car for a while. So what is the deal now with X-Care? Does it still not cover battery or drive unit? So are folks buying the 10 year or just the 4 year plan? When is the ideal time to buy the warranty?

M

Well my 2020 MSP with 9k mls tesla warranty expires in 90 days or so from now. Planning on keeping the car for a while. So what is the deal now with X-Care? Does it still not cover battery or drive unit? So are folks buying the 10 year or just the 4 year plan? When is the ideal time to buy the warranty?

M

All of this is explained on their website.

M
It doesn't cover 12V/low voltage battery but it does cover EV/high-voltage/traction battery and Drive Unit.

I assume your car is 90,000 miles and not 9,000. Here's the premium that covers as long as 6 more years or additional 75,000 miles until your odometer reaches 165,000 miles whichever first:

1701886950074.png

Last edited:

M
Hi @Gadget-X ,
We do cover your HV battery AND Drive unit. But not the 12volt as stated below.
Go ahead and fill out your vehicle info on our site and you can compare all your different term options/ pricing:

Keep in mind there is a 30 day grace period before coverage begins so something you may want to get sooner than 30 days out so we can have you fully covered. :)

Please reach out to the team with any questions- happy to help! [email protected]

-Team XCare

Reactions: BulldogsRus
XCare didn't have a price increase in over two years, so we decided to have our price increase correspond to the release of XCare Premium. Although the benefit of Premium for some is greater than for others, our pricing always takes into account remaining factory warranty (both 4year/50 and 8year).