Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

xAI / Grök general discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AI is critical to Tesla‘s future for FSD & Optimus (plus whatever else is in the pipeline), therefore I am a little unsure as to what to make of Elon ramping up AI efforts at not one, but two other companies instead of Tesla:

A.I. is an arms race. Elon is pushing to increase the odds of humanity being ok with A.I. Exponential growth means self aware machines could be here much sooner than most people think.

X.AI is programmer notation. What follows the period is related to what is prior to the period in an ownership. This is Elon's A.I. company that will be part of his X umbrella of companies.

Reactions: gillfoto
th-318481514.jpg

Just hope they don't diversify in to Biotech. ;-)

Reactions: Dikkie Dik
TBH - For 105M users on an account from a CEO of at least one company, Tesla, that does no advertising...

...automotive is $90 / customer, tech companies is $400 / customer (I'm just ballparking based from this data)

To Elon - Twitter is worth anywhere between $9.45B -> $42B just for his Elon Musk account alone to replace his customer acquisition for the products/services his companies provide.

Edit: Obviously, not every twitter user is real nor are they customers. Though, they are affiliates of his account which broadens his reach. I think the math in this post still stands if you use some multipliers that are beyond me.

Maybe Twitter was a buy for just a lower CAC and data for X.AI?

So X.AI will have a similar relationship to Twitter and Tesla as Microsoft and OpenAI have.
  1. Microsoft provides Azure to OpenAI
    1. Tesla Dojo SAAS will power TruthGPT (additional Tesla revenue)
    2. TruthGPT could consume Twitter data
  2. OpenAI services are consumed by Microsoft services
    1. Tesla vehicle search could be powered by TruthGPT - "navigate to best steakhouse on route that serves Margaritas for less than $10"
    2. TruthGPT is provided on X app
    3. X.AI could make a Twitter specific search engine - "what did Elon say about Robotaxis in 2018?"
  3. Microsoft part owns OpenAI
    1. Tesla (and/or TWTR) could invest in X.AI to accelerate growth

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
So X.AI will have a similar relationship to Twitter and Tesla as Microsoft and OpenAI have.
  1. Microsoft provides Azure to OpenAI
    1. Tesla Dojo SAAS will power TruthGPT (additional Tesla revenue)
    2. TruthGPT could consume Twitter data
  2. OpenAI services are consumed by Microsoft services
    1. Tesla vehicle search could be powered by TruthGPT - "navigate to best steakhouse on route that serves Margaritas for less than $10"
    2. TruthGPT is provided on X app
    3. X.AI could make a Twitter specific search engine - "what did Elon say about Robotaxis in 2018?"
  3. Microsoft part owns OpenAI
    1. Tesla (and/or TWTR) could invest in X.AI to accelerate growth
Similar musings from Dave:
How would a relationship between http://X.ai, Twitter and Tesla work?1. http://X.ai could provide the talent.2. Twitter the data (or least some of it).3. Tesla could provide priority compute (not in the short-term which is dominated by Nvidia GPUs but in the long-term with Dojo).
Worth reading the whole tweet.