Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

xAI / Grök general discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon looking to turn X into an AI investment vehicle since he's pissed off all the advertisers :)

Note that X is still a private company and thus has a hard limit to the # of shareholders so I expect the minimum investment to be around $10M and/or be a VIP in the AI space.

would not be surpised if Tesla invests on the order of a few hundred million dollars. Would be very happy with that.

X.ai? Tesla?

Here is a prediction market for where he will end up:

Andrej Karpathy on X: "Hi everyone yes, I left OpenAI yesterday. First of all nothing "happened" and it’s not a result of any particular event, issue or drama (but please keep the conspiracy theories coming as they are highly entertaining :)). Actually, being at OpenAI over the last ~year has been…" /X (1 hr ago)

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Grok weights released. 314 billion parameter Mixture-of-Experts architecture. Not trained to do anything specific. Data as of Oct 23, which is disappointing. I would think they would invest in continuous updates since it suppose to be about twitter which is touted as good for real time updates.
Quote:
To get started with using the model, follow the instructions at github.com/xai-org/grok.
Model Details
  • Base model trained on a large amount of text data, not fine-tuned for any particular task.
  • 314B parameter Mixture-of-Experts model with 25% of the weights active on a given token.
  • Trained from scratch by xAI using a custom training stack on top of JAX and Rust in October 2023.
/end quote
What can we expect for grok-2?
  1. Model is updated more frequently?
  2. Smarter
  3. Smaller more efficient . Smaller models outperform grok-1. Grok-1 benchmarks link
  4. Multimodal?
  5. Open weights sooner?
  6. Open source?
  7. Sassier? :)

Last edited: