Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XE - A derivative of XA/B (and now XS as well) - [scca class]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things EVX doesnt allow

- Fender Rolling/pulling
- Multiple arm replacement (toe arm as you said)
- Diff changes
- TC nannies mods (this still may not allow it)
- Outboard geometry changes (things SM enjoys...)

Those are all fair, just not sure they are "common" in the EV world yet. Not a ton of people ripping up $60k cars still under warranty.

Glad to see SCCA acknowledging EVs more, annoying that the only way they do it is to separate them, instead of integrating them. Why isn't a Model 3 an XA or CAM-C car? Meets all the other rules, just doesn't burn gas.

So, you going to ditch the Evo and make a run at Nats this year? 😅 Or you going to take both cars and I can co-drive with C?
Hah, I think Id like to add another date to my red jacket at this point. But locally we'll play with the Tesla, potentially at the Pro so I dont roast another 3k in axle/diff.

Attachments

• IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    730.7 KB · Views: 468
Reactions: tm1v2
The reality is, adding a rear diff is probably one of the best things you can do after getting coilovers and camber.
But the car is already faster than every production car ever made by a large margin! (/s)

Has anyone actually run AutoX with a rear diff swap? I've always wondered how the various nannies would deal with this and if it would give an advantage, or if it would mess up assumptions in the TC/SC and possibly make the car slower.

Reactions: Lindenwood
But the car is already faster than every production car ever made by a large margin! (/s)

Has anyone actually run AutoX with a rear diff swap? I've always wondered how the various nannies would deal with this and if it would give an advantage, or if it would mess up assumptions in the TC/SC and possibly make the car slower.

My butt-dyno is pretty experienced dealing with good and bad diffs and from my very first runs in the Model 3 I instantly contributed all the weirdness in handling to lacks of diff. Or more specifically the electronics reaction to lack of diffs.

When I first got the tesla its ability to handle single wheel spin was tragic but this year there have been sharp improvements I noticed then confirmed with my buddy that's a Tesla test driver they were doing as much as they could with the software to handle the lack of hardware. Kudos to the test team cause its dramatically better. But you cant overcome physics with software.

• Informative
Reactions: Lindenwood
Its certainly possible software could negate or limit benefits but I think it would be the opposite. Software attempts to limit wheel spin of course and it can only do that by reducing power or applying a brake. Unlike traditional AWD that can shift the power around but still keep total power, the Tesla can only net-loss power.

Diff should help getting to power earlier and/or harder without that wheel spin intervention.