Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

after my M3P was extremely delayed for delivery, i went and placed an order for a MIG MYP.

My SA called me an asked me if i want an M3P White/White, i declined as i really like the blank interior...so i asked him whats the feedback on MYs so far, what he hears from here and there.

He told me that Model Ys after around 10.000 kilometers , they start having rattling issues and that the Tesla Service can fix most of them...i asked him what about Model 3? He told me no rattles and issues at all

So is it true? anyone has any experience on this and can comment?

Hello

after my M3P was extremely delayed for delivery, i went and placed an order for a MIG MYP.

My SA called me an asked me if i want an M3P White/White, i declined as i really like the blank interior...so i asked him whats the feedback on MYs so far, what he hears from here and there.

He told me that Model Ys after around 10.000 kilometers , they start having rattling issues and that the Tesla Service can fix most of them...i asked him what about Model 3? He told me no rattles and issues at all

So is it true? anyone has any experience on this and can comment?

This is hit or miss with both (said as an owner of both). There is no assurances that a model 3 y would start developing rattles nor one that it wont, same with model 3.

My model Y is a 2022 model and is significantly quieter than my model 3, but my model 3 is a 2018 (made during "production hell"). I love the car, but it is noisy from a wind noise perspective. There is no assurance they can make you about either car on this topic.

• Love
Reactions: reystar
I have 22k mile and have 3 rattles.
Took to service center and they didn't do anything there.
Called mobile service, guy came attempted to fix one rattle, but after 1k of driving it is back.
No rattles only on good interstate roads. All other time is non stop.
One rattle is at the bottom of rear door driver side. Second comes from rattling brake pedal, third is from front passenger seat when I ride alone.
I am literally looking for a shop that would be willing to sort all 3 out and would be happy to pay for it, since Tesla doesn't want to help me out.
Love the car and that is why I am willing to pay for the fix. If it was some other car I would trade it in a hart beat.

BTW had to educate technician on Ear pain issue. None of rear hatch bump stops were properly adjusted when I got the car.
So he knew that ear pressure/pain was an issue but said Tesla had no solution to it, and didn't know that adjusting those bump stops most of the times solves that problem.
Had to adjust my rattling frunk hood too, simple fix but was not done.
May be it is 04/2021 model and now quality improved, but I had to tweak a lot including pillar trim that was not clicked in properly.
Service Center visit didn't fix it, but they replaced the door trim while the only thing was needed just to push the clips.

Happy to hear that Model 3 is sorted out.

• Informative
Reactions: reystar
I have 22k mile and have 3 rattles.
Took to service center and they didn't do anything there.
Called mobile service, guy came attempted to fix one rattle, but after 1k of driving it is back.
No rattles only on good interstate roads. All other time is non stop.
One rattle is at the bottom of rear door driver side. Second comes from rattling brake pedal, third is from front passenger seat when I ride alone.
I am literally looking for a shop that would be willing to sort all 3 out and would be happy to pay for it, since Tesla doesn't want to help me out.
Love the car and that is why I am willing to pay for the fix. If it was some other car I would trade it in a hart beat.

BTW had to educate technician on Ear pain issue. None of rear hatch bump stops were properly adjusted when I got the car.
So he knew that ear pressure/pain was an issue but said Tesla had no solution to it, and didn't know that adjusting those bump stops most of the times solves that problem.
Had to adjust my rattling frunk hood too, simple fix but was not done.
May be it is 04/2021 model and now quality improved, but I had to tweak a lot including pillar trim that was not clicked in properly.
Service Center visit didn't fix it, but they replaced the door trim while the only thing was needed just to push the clips.

Happy to hear that Model 3 is sorted out.
WoW

You have rattles and the ear pain thing? Sounds really bad...the more people i read having this issue the more i wanna stay away from MYP :(
Regarding the rattles Tesla really cant do anything? Did u try to record the noise/rattle?

WoW

You have rattles and the ear pain thing? Sounds really bad...the more people i read having this issue the more i wanna stay away from MYP :(
Regarding the rattles Tesla really cant do anything? Did u try to record the noise/rattle?
Yep, videos uploaded pre appointment.
When I arrived I took tech for a ride and pointed all rattles. They claimed they tightened bolts on passenger seat. But nothing was done for break pedal or rear door.