Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Tesla Loan payment of £1 has failed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UK M3 Owner here. I got an email too saying my Loan payment of £1.00 had failed - Which is strange because it's not due for another week. but as many have said - I wish it was £1.00 - haha! Glad everyone is also having the same email though it has put my mind at ease!

I received this from Tesla support, looks to be a system issue their end.

“Please kindly ignore the email. While it did come from Tesla and is not a scam, this shouldn't have been sent. Tesla erroneously posted 1 GBP to your account yesterday and when the amount was removed again, this action caused the automated email to get triggered.

You do not owe us 1 GBP and should not wire the amount to the account mentioned in the email”

I received this from Tesla support, looks to be a system issue their end.

“Please kindly ignore the email. While it did come from Tesla and is not a scam, this shouldn't have been sent. Tesla erroneously posted 1 GBP to your account yesterday and when the amount was removed again, this action caused the automated email to get triggered.

You do not owe us 1 GBP and should not wire the amount to the account mentioned in the email”
maybe they should send out an email to people to, you know, let them know and not worry or do what was asked.

Found the same email just now received 2 days ago in the promotions folder, so didn’t see it. My monthly payment went out earlier in the month. Coincidentally i got an email from ev.energy same day saying they’d experienced an outage between Tesla authenticator tokens and their platform. Perhaps Tesla had some wider internal issues that day.