Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youtuber making fun of Tesla's 1 yr ban on returning bad vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enjoy, its funny with some element on truth in it.

Scotty Kilmer on Tesla's return policy

4:30 ..."Tesla's granted the right that they can impose a one-year ban
to anybody who returns a new car if they determined they acted in bad faith"

Well, Tesla is both the judge and the defendant.... so there is some kind of conflict of interest IMO.

I think it should the customer who should decide if he or she want to get an exchange or get reimbursed.

I understand the position of Tesla who want to protect against abuse for minor problems,
but in the long run Tesla is shooting itself in foot by not performing through QC before delivery.

Last edited:
I think the whole point of the video to expose the attempt by Tesla to dissuade people from returning a badly put together car in some cases by imposing this unnecessary ban. Would you take a scratched iPhone or a one where the screen is off the border or not glued properly and pay a full price at Apple Store? Long story short, Tesla should just fix the QC issues and all of this nonsense will automatically go away. Lets hope they do that soon. I am in no rush to buy. Here in MA you cannot even test drive Model Y yet. There are no financial incentives right now anyway in my state, but that changes every year.

Plug-In and Zero Emission Vehicle Rebates
Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources' Massachusetts Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles (MOR-EV) Program offers residents rebates of up to $2,500 toward the purchase or lease of eligible battery electric and fuel cell electric vehicles and up to $1,500 for the purchase or lease of eligible plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. Vehicle purchase prices must be below $50,000. Residents must submit applications within three months of the vehicle purchase or lease date and must retain ownership of the vehicle for a minimum of 36 months. Only vehicles purchased or leased on or after January 1, 2020 are eligible. For more information, including application and eligibility requirements, visit the MOR-EV website.

I think the whole point of the video to expose the attempt by Tesla to dissuade people from returning a badly put together car in some cases by imposing this unnecessary ban. Would you take a scratched iPhone or a one where the screen is off the border or not glued properly and pay a full price at Apple Store? Long story short, Tesla should just fix the QC issues and all of this nonsense will automatically go away. Lets hope they do that soon. I am in no rush to buy. Here in MA you cannot even test drive Model Y yet. There are no financial incentives right now anyway in my state, but that changes every year.

Plug-In and Zero Emission Vehicle Rebates
Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources' Massachusetts Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles (MOR-EV) Program offers residents rebates of up to $2,500 toward the purchase or lease of eligible battery electric and fuel cell electric vehicles and up to $1,500 for the purchase or lease of eligible plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. Vehicle purchase prices must be below $50,000. Residents must submit applications within three months of the vehicle purchase or lease date and must retain ownership of the vehicle for a minimum of 36 months. Only vehicles purchased or leased on or after January 1, 2020 are eligible. For more information, including application and eligibility requirements, visit the MOR-EV website.

I was thinking about the state incentives as well. My wife and I are working from home for the rest of the year, so there is no need to rush into finalizing the purchase this/next Q. I am curious to see what the new EV rebate program is going to look like for next year. As for the test drives, I was told by a Natick employee that they will start in July.