Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zip ties

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just had our first rain done our solar panels were installed. I found a bunch of these had run off my roof into the yard after the rain. Are zip ties standard for Tesla installs? I’m a little worried about these lasting on the heat of my roof. Many 100+ degree days here in the summer. Any advice or suggestions?
AA23CDFD-2626-4872-A4E1-0650372E5593.jpeg

Are you sure thats from your solar install? I mean.. they are all cut so obviously they were not holding anything up there. You had nothing else done (like gutters for instance)?
No one else has been on the roof at all. I don’t even have gutters. I found a few zip ties on my driveway, too indicating to me that they were intact new and not some that were already in the grass. I also found some hard black plastic pieces that seem to be part of the mounts and two of the crayons they used on the shingles. They definitely came from Tesla. Maybe they are just used to help with cable management during the install. Other than some nervousness about this, I’ve been very happy with their install. I may have a chance to get the ladder out, but I’m not sure how good of a look I can get

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I finally got a day off and had some time to check it out. There were more cut zip ties right behind the combiner boxes and none elsewhere. It appears an installer forgot about a neat little pile they made and the rain washed them down. I didn’t find any anywhere else.

Just want to add: I was initially apprehensive about Tesla solar after reading stuff on the internet. But, my installation and experience with the crew was great. These zip ties were used for the complicated attic run the guys threw in for free. It probably added a day to a 3 day job and they just offered to because it would look better.