Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Limited Power” - 12v battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just got my first Tesla - CPO 2013 P85 about a month ago. It’s been really great reading up on a forum with more sophisticated minds.

I was hoping someone could make some sense of this for me - today when I hopped in the car and was about to drive off after having dinner, I saw for a split second a “reduced power” warning then it went away. I ended up calling Tesla support and they did indeed see it in the logs. The guy had me reboot the MCU (of course) and told me that it was because my car has not gone to deep sleep in several days and that my 12v battery was low. He then blamed it on the fact that I had my display power saving mode turned off. How does this make sense when it should be drawing power from the traction battery -> DC to DC converter -> charge the 12v battery? Is it possible that the 12v battery is going bad? I plug in nightly at home and charge to 80% daily like clockwork. I don’t like having power save on because of the slow app response - I have enough issues getting the car to wake up (to respond to the app) after it’s been sitting more than 12hrs even when plugged in - sometimes I have to go in and hit the brake just to get it to wake up so that I can precondition. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!