Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Use 303!” - OK, which one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A common answer to how to clean and protect the interior of the vehicle is “Just use 303”.

There are about 5 or more “303” products for cleaning the interior of vehicles. The ones for cars seem to be “speed detailer” “interior cleaner” and “protectant”. But wait! There is also “automotive protectant” and “3-in-1 leather complete care” , which might also be appropriate. (We will ignore the marine and aerospace versions of all these.)

So, which one (or more) is (are) the one(s) for inside a Model 3?

• Funny
Reactions: Keester97
303 Aerospace PROTECTANT is likely what you are looking for. It is primarily useful as a last-step product on your interior surfaces as it provides great UV protection with little sheen. It also darkens the color a bit of the dash/door plastics. In all honesty, it is likely identical as 303 Automotive PROTECTANT - just different labeling/marketing.

It is different than cleaning products like "HI-Tech Extra Foamy" or auto-specific APCs in that it has little cleaning ability and is really more for protection.

I personally always keep 303 around but am not a huge fan. Even though it is water-based, it is still a little greasy. My favorite interior protectant for the dash/plastics is Nextzett Cockpit Premium and Optimum Protectant Plus for the seats. While both can also do mild cleanup, I like to use diluted Optimum No Rinse or diluted Optimum APC to do the cleaning.

• Informative
Reactions: Mutant and adayley
I am using surf city dash away on my interior. I have the 303 too. To heck with the 303, there were streaks everywhere and I don't have enough time in the day for that. Dash away you spray and wipe, no streaks, no buffing nonsense and it works.

As far as I know, Speed Detailer is not for interior use. The 3-in-1 product works well, IMO. I like that it's a cleaner and protectant. Perhaps it doesn't last as long as the dedicated protectant sprays, but it works well enough. I don't like to use it very often, though, because it does have an odor and leaves that slightly greasy/oily look and feel behind (as do all "protectant" sprays I've used), but it's not too bad.

• Informative
Reactions: adayley
As far as I know, Speed Detailer is not for interior use. The 3-in-1 product works well, IMO. I like that it's a cleaner and protectant. Perhaps it doesn't last as long as the dedicated protectant sprays, but it works well enough. I don't like to use it very often, though, because it does have an odor and leaves that slightly greasy/oily look and feel behind (as do all "protectant" sprays I've used), but it's not too bad.

Try Nextzett Cockpit Premium if you want a protectant spray that does not streak, has no greasiness, and leaves behind a very nice OEM matte sheen. You can use it on the dash, all plastic surfaces (including seats if you want), and even the screen. There are other similar products to Cockpit Premium but to me it doesn't make sense to further experiment...this product just works exactly as advertised.

Try Nextzett Cockpit Premium if you want a protectant spray that does not streak, has no greasiness, and leaves behind a very nice OEM matte sheen. You can use it on the dash, all plastic surfaces (including seats if you want), and even the screen. There are other similar products to Cockpit Premium but to me it doesn't make sense to further experiment...this product just works exactly as advertised.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely check it out. The price is certainly not bad on Amazon :)