Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 mph Model Y SR = Model 3 SR+ ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering why Model Y's Standard Range has the same 0-60 mph spec as Model 3's Standard Range Plus.

Model 3 SR+ = 5.3 sec
Model Y SR = 5.3 sec

Model 3 LR = 4.2 sec
Model Y LR = 4.8 sec (+0.6 sec)

Model 3 P = 3.1 sec
Model Y P = 3.5 sec (+0.4 sec)

I am wondering why Model Y's Standard Range has the same 0-60 mph spec as Model 3's Standard Range Plus.

Model 3 SR+ = 5.3 sec
Model Y SR = 5.3 sec

Model 3 LR = 4.2 sec

Model 3 P = 3.1 sec
Side question, why the base Model Y is not called Standard Range Plus like the base Model 3?

Does the Model Y SR has lower options and range like the Model 3 SR compare to the Model 3 SR+ ?

The Standard Range RWD Model Y includes the premium sound system and other interior items included in the Long Range Dual Motor Model Y. You can purchase the 7-seat option and can even add a tow hitch to the Standard Range RWD MY (the tow rating is the same as for the Long Range Dual Motor MY, 3500 lbs.) The battery pack is 25% smaller in the Standard Range RWD MY. The range is approximately 25% less than the Long Range Model Y. The EPA MPGe rating for the Standard Range RWD Model Y is 129 MPGe versus 125 MPGe for the Long Range Dual Motor MY.

Reactions: Daekwan
The Standard Range RWD Model Y includes the premium sound system
and other interior items included in the Long Range Dual Motor Model Y.

You can purchase the 7-seat option and can even add a tow hitch to the Standard Range RWD MY
(the tow rating is the same as for the Long Range Dual Motor MY, 3500 lbs.)

The battery pack is 25% smaller in the Standard Range RWD MY.
The range is approximately 25% less than the Long Range Model Y.

The EPA MPGe rating for the Standard Range RWD Model Y is 129 MPGe
versus 125 MPGe for the Long Range Dual Motor MY.
Thank you for your answer, but my questions was "Why does the Model Y SR is not called Model Y SR+"

Or an other way would be, would a "Model Y SR+" be later added?
following the same way the Model 3 SR+ was added beside the Model 3 SR?

Note: In your answer you are nicely comparing the Model Y SR and Model Y LR AWD.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer, but my questions was "Why does the Model Y SR is not called Model Y SR+"

Or an other way would be, would a "Model Y SR+" be later added?
following the same way the Model 3 SR+ was added beside the Model 3 SR?
I don't know why Tesla chose to release the RWD Model Y as the Standard Range RWD Model Y and not the Standard Range Plus RWD Model Y. I chose to answer your second question about options and range.

Reactions: Daekwan
The Standard Range RWD Model Y includes the premium sound system
and other interior items included in the Long Range Dual Motor Model Y.

Well, you are right, scrolling into the Model Y Specs under Model Y | Tesla I can noticed that the
Model Y SR keep all the Premium Interior options shared with the LR AWD and Performance.

Premium Interior
  • 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
  • 2nd row seats that fold flat
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
  • LED fog lamps
  • Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Music and media over Bluetooth®
  • Custom driver profiles
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones

Do you have any references for Model Y SR RWD is having a more powerful motor as compared to Model 3 SR+ RWD?
Yes, Sir Isaac Newton's Second Law of Motion: Force equals Mass times Acceleration (F=MA).

If Car A (SR+ RWD Model 3) weighs ~3500 lbs and accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds and;

If Car B (SR RWD Model Y) weighs ~3900 lbs (11.4% more) and accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds,

Then Car B must experience a larger force (F) to reach the same velocity (60 mph) in the same amount of time (5.3 seconds.)

It is possible that the RWD motor is physically the same unit in the M3 and MY but Tesla programs the motor in the MY to deliver more power.

Last edited:

Model 3 SR+ = 5.3 sec
Model Y SR = 5.3 sec

Model 3 LR = 4.2 sec

Model 3 P = 3.1 sec
I don’t think the 0-60’s are right. Ive got both. SR+ and MY SR and the SR+ feels far more faster from the get-go. Either the SR+ is faster than 5.3 or the MY SR is slower than 5.3. I can feel a difference.

When I ordered my car in Feb it was referred to as a MY SR Plus.
I was told that the "plus" referred to the car having all of the premium features
included in the dual motor vehicles.
That’s not accurate. I’ve got a SR+ Model 3 and it doesn’t have any of the premium features. I think the SR and SR+ difference is the + comes with autopilot. Older SR, I believe came with fog lights and premium audio.

I don’t think there was ever a SR+ MY. My SR MY comes with fog lights, premium audio and the heated rear seats.

When I purchased my car through a sales advisor it was he who called it a MY SR+
and it was he who said what "plus" meant.

I don't really care what it's called. All the premium features I wanted are there. Premium interior,
Auto pilot, dual glass, heated steering, 5 heated seats, premium sound, dimming mirrors,
auto head lights, auto wipers......everything but birth control.

Anyway...it feels pretty "plussy" to me.

Reactions: jsight