Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1.0 Tesla 1/4 mile video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
A 1.0 Tesla running 14.5 in the quarter. Not too bad, but it was doing braket racing so it probably had to hold back. Got disqualified for being too fast.
[youtube]af1MF9OZSg0[/youtube]

Tango vs. Tesla
[youtube]QwiS4t8TMlI[/youtube]

Looks like it's Jorg's car (it's his channel).

Yeah, I think you are right, Graham.
I heard a rumor that George may have gotten rid of his Tango, so it might only be Jorg at the moment.
I think the Google founders have had both on order, but I don't know if they got their Tangos yet.
The only thing is I think Jorg's Tango is dark blue and those track videos make it look like a light blue one. So it might not have been Jorg's tango after all. Actually I will email him and ask...

Clooney is always pictured next to a black Tango but this one is apparently his.
rwoodbury_tango.jpg
Commuter Car president Rick Woodbury with his second Tango electric car, this one belonging to actor George Clooney. The car was in Spokane for a series of upgrades. A third car is currently under construction, which will serve as the basis of the next 10 production models.
EV WORLD: A Tango Tale

Well the rumor I had heard could be explained by him "giving it back" for a while to get upgraded.

Also I think he was good about loaning it out for them to do photo ops and events.

Given how long they have been in business they sure don't have many on the road yet.

Jorg got back to me. It was his Tesla, but he borrowed a different Tango for the event because he didn't have a trailer to bring his Tango and the track was too far away to be practical to drive it. (Would have to recharge along the way).

So, FYI, there is a light blue Tango in the Berkeley area...

From Autoblog Green (and Jorg himself):
VIDEO: Tesla versus Tango on the drag strip - AutoblogGreen
These corrections come directly from Jorg:

Actually the Tango was owned by Nat Simons in Berkeley, not me, which was only 35 miles away from the drag strip; Iive 70 miles away and so the 45-mile range of the Tango makes getting there problematic.

The Tesla is the one I own, and in this video, drive, and that's why it does so slow; the guy in the other car weighs about 80 pounds less than I do. When we leveled the playing field and let him drive the Tesla on a later run, it got 14.498, which is only 18 thousands of a second slower than the Tango.

Also, please note, the reason we were there that day was to set a NEDRA record for fastest production electric car on a drag strip; indeed, we got it. See National Electric Drag Racing Association - Record Holders