Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1.5 year old Model 3, paint refresh/protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

beva

Nov 29, 2018
Texas
Evening! I’ve got a 1.5 year old black Model 3 that has normal wear and tear, minor scuffs and scratches. What’s the best way to refresh it and coat to protect it going forward? I assumed PPF doesn’t just cover up the scratches in the black paint? Any suggestions? Thanks!

My model 3 was 1 year and 2 months when I took it back to Auto Armour for paint correction and ceramic coating, because of the condition it was and still is, like new, the paint correction was a breeze, not too much to do there, then I had the whole car done with Feynlab ceramic and Feynlab fusion on the Xpel PPF portion.

Black paint is a Mofo to keep super clean and shiny.

Highly recommend the Paint Correction to get rid of the swirls and minor scratches and for sure get Xpel PPF at least the whole front and the rocket panels. Ceramic coating if you want to finish it off.

5B35A81E-295A-4C88-BA02-C7A0C1583D38.jpeg

Xpel PPF will protect it from debris causing paint chips, this is the first time I got PPF because being a Tesla I wanted to protect it.

Ceramic Coating does not protect the paint from paint chips but over the PPF and or the whole car, it makes washing the car so easy, just spray with water and dry. Still good as new.

And lastly, Xpel PPF has some crazy self healing properties, I’ve been hit with everything but the bathroom sink and I cringe when I see a scratch, after a few days it’s gone.

Fred

Reactions: XLR82XS
Highly recommend the Paint Correction to get rid of the swirls and minor scratches and for sure get Xpel PPF at least the whole front and the rocket panels. Ceramic coating if you want to finish it off.

View attachment 582587

Paint correction is essential!!! Make sure your installer does that extensively. It may cost a little more, but it's a *must*.

FYI, I also did the Xpel PPF. Very very happy with it.

• Love
Reactions: XLR82XS
Thanks Winffred! How much was the xpell and paint correction roughly?
Xpel for my M3 was $1850.00 for the full front and I mean, hood, bumper, side fenders, mirrors, head lights, fog lights and they added a small portion behind the car, it’s where you could scratch your paint dragging luggage into the trunk.

In addition, $450.00 for the rocker panels, this is the whole strip under the doors, it protects the bottom side from road debris. So total $2300.00

If you call around these prices are average. Make sure to use Yelp to check their reviews as well as pictures. People have paid less, but who knows of the quality. A good indicator when looking at yelp, look to see the high end cars they do.

I couldn’t see doing the whole car since the bulk of the incoming damage comes from the front.

Ceramic coating, comes in various prices because of the product, how many layers and the warranty which usually starts at 3 years 5 years or lifetime. Mine is of a high quality ceramic coating and it came with a 3 year warranty at $1000.00 with the paint correction.

Fred

Last edited: