Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10,000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone aware of what VIN the suspension changed to being less stiff?
I'm in the 70xx's and would love to get a softer suspension if mine is an early (stiffer) version.
Holding out on trying Elon's solution, which is to take my tires down to 39psi. Prefer to keep my efficiency up (44psi).

The cutoff is a December 2017 date not a VIN; if I recall correctly it’s a build date prior to Dec 27thish.

Adding: Almost 18k on mine, drive a lot of daily miles and road trip regularly. Last road trip was 3.5k. Another road trip coming up next week.

• Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad
Man, I thought I drive a lot...
Just over 2500 today, with a month of possession coming on the 12th, but I had the TDI for a bit and drove the crap out of that until VW bought it back on July 30th. Since then nothing but model 3.

How is tire rotations? Did you guys get them at recommended interval (I believe 6500) and at Tesla Service center or did you got to an alternate?

I don’t know yet. Will find out today.

Dropped the car off, but they didnt have a price for the annual service. Max quoted amount was the S plan, but he didnt think it would be that much.

How is tire rotations? Did you guys get them at recommended interval (I believe 6500) and at Tesla Service center or did you got to an alternate?

Honestly, I haven't rotated my tires. Wear seems pretty even, and the hassle of doing that down at Tesla (1.5 hours away) or trusting a regular tire shop to not damage my car ain't worth it for the little $$ saved on tires. I'll just replace them more often.

Honestly, I haven't rotated my tires. Wear seems pretty even, and the hassle of doing that down at Tesla (1.5 hours away) or trusting a regular tire shop to not damage my car ain't worth it for the little $$ saved on tires. I'll just replace them more often.

Do you plan on having Tesla Service replace the tires? I was going to try local tire place to get rotations, at some point. There are many options in area, from national chains to mom & pop stores.

Speaking of tires, is there a 50000 mile rated tire that meets or exceeds fuel economy rating of OEM tires? The 35000 rating for current ones is just a little over one year worth of driving... would like to go longer between replacements.

Do you plan on having Tesla Service replace the tires? I was going to try local tire place to get rotations, at some point. There are many options in area, from national chains to mom & pop stores.

I normally do have Tesla do it. They are fairly competitive on tire price, but don’t offer road hazard warranties like America’s Tire. I used to take my S to America’s Tire, but the 3 is so new I am not sure if they would have the jacking instructions yet.

I haven’t even looked at tire options. I like the Conti’s so I will probably get another set of those unless I hear good things about a Michelin option for the 19”s.

I would have been in the innovator category, except I didn't (and still don't) have $80,000+ sitting around to blow on a car. I'd even go so far as to say that I am more technologically adept and able to understand and appreciate the engineering in Teslas than many of these innovators, they just had a bigger bank account.

"Innovators are willing to take risks, have the highest social status, have financial liquidity, are social and have closest contact to scientific sources and interaction with other innovators. Their risk tolerance allows them to adopt technologies that may ultimately fail. Financial resources help absorb these failures.[41]"

Having a large bank account is a major part of being classified in that category.

I normally do have Tesla do it. They are fairly competitive on tire price, but don’t offer road hazard warranties like America’s Tire. I used to take my S to America’s Tire, but the 3 is so new I am not sure if they would have the jacking instructions yet.

I haven’t even looked at tire options. I like the Conti’s so I will probably get another set of those unless I hear good things about a Michelin option for the 19”s.

America' s Tire has done lots of S and X, so Model 3 should not be a major leap. Do have a set of 4 hockey pucks in your trunk to give the tire tech to put under the jack points to protect the pack (I have these in the trunk of both of our S). Note that the America's Tire techs do have jack pads, but they are just too thick to fit between the jack points and their lifts. No air suspension, so no worries about Jack Mode. Watch your lug not covers if you have them on (use the lug nut puller to remove them so the tech does not slip the lug nut socket over them). I use AT for all new tires, rotations, balancing, etc. Good service and prices, no upset of other services.