Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10 mm wheel spacer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eibach makes some 10mm spacers for tesla. It comes with new extended shank nut. Im confused as to how these new nuts work. The stock nut should have enough thread on. The problem is not the nut, it is the stud, which gets shorter after spacers installed.
Im not sure how eibach were able to design a 10mm spaces with out the need of longer studs.

Reactions: Wei Li
Eibach makes some 10mm spacers for tesla. It comes with new extended shank nut. Im confused as to how these new nuts work. The stock nut should have enough thread on. The problem is not the nut, it is the stud, which gets shorter after spacers installed.
Im not sure how eibach were able to design a 10mm spaces with out the need of longer studs.

5mm is about as much as you can run while maintaining enough thread engagement (aka, turns).

The extended shank basically goes way further into the lug hole, like a regular lug ends at the end of the conical section, but the extended ones have another few mm to provide more threads - I'm sure you've seen them:

1644412487589.png

A regular lug would end at the end of the cone, this has that cylindrical extended portion that goes deeper into the hole / onto the stud. So if that extended section is, for example, another 5mm, that means it has the same thread engagement on 10mm spacer as a 5mm with regular lugs.

Or at least, that's the theory behind the design as I understand it :)

Do you have a solid link to these? I've searched around and can't find any online retailers.

Do you have a solid link to these? I've searched around and can't find any online retailers.

Danny @MODEL+ has a similar product:

The two with extended shank lugs have these notes:

H&R TRAK+ premium hub-centric spacers for Tesla Model 3 & Model Y are made in Germany. These spacers are to be used ONLY with Factory OEM Tesla Wheels.

10mm - DRS Style includes extended shank lug nuts (as pictured). H&R 10mm Spacers are designed to be used on Model 3 Non-Performance & ALL Variants of MODEL Y with Factory OEM Tesla Wheels.

14mm - DRS Style includes extended shank lug nuts (as pictured). H&R 14mm Spacers are designed to be used on Model 3 Performance ONLY.

• Informative
Reactions: medphys3
LOL!
I’m always puzzled when people want to drop money on useless mods. And as you observed, have a negative long term effects.
Take a look around the forums. Yes, as shallow it may be depending on who you ask, it does change the car's stance quite a bit, for the better if you ask me. Now everything is a compromise, and may or may not make sense to you depending on your priorities and how you use your car.

Reactions: medphys3
Take a look around the forums. Yes, as shallow it may be depending on who you ask, it does change the car's stance quite a bit, for the better if you ask me. Now everything is a compromise, and may or may not make sense to you depending on your priorities and how you use your car.
Strictly cosmetic. Is it worth it? To the owner to decide. I'd prefer a proper handling car.

Reactions: pikeman
I don't know exactly what the effects of adding spacers will be, but you can't say that they are merely cosmetic and hinder handling at same time without contradiction.
Easy, the benefit is cosmetic. The downside is a change in steering geometry. I don't know how much handling will be affected but it can't be a positive. Can you say "virtual swing radius?"

No contradiction there.

Just to set the record straight here. Spacers are not just for looks. By adding spacer/increasing offset you will reduce the weight transfer during cornering which improves grip. This is basic vehicle dynamics. For the street, sure it's going to be a mostly cosmetic improvement because you're rarely, if ever, at 10/10th on the street. But to say that's the only benefit is 100% wrong. The center of gravity, roll moment, roll center are all affected. It even changes the effective spring rate.

Reactions: medphys3 and kimi
Suggest that anyone considering the expense of well made spacers investigate the Law of Diminishing Returns. Better tires,
and/or wheels provide a better return on investment. Maybe a “numbers” alignment.
The current fixation on “stance” is truly remarkable. Although it’s good for the owner, nobody else is going around inspecting cars for the margins between tire and fender. I regularly attend car meets, and have never observed this. But it’s your money, so knock yourself out.

Recently saw an another add for wheel spacers. (EVANNEX Wheel Spacers for Tesla Model 3 and Model Y) There are a lot of comments about wheel spacers pro & con in this thread. Are the conclusions scientifically factual or just individual unproven opinions?
1) How many of you have installed them?
2) What is their purpose and whatdo they accomplish?
3) Did you get 2 or 4?
4) Why do they come in sets of 2 instead of 4?
4) Are they intended for both stock & aftermarket wheels?