Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel spacers and fender rubbing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea if this combination would rub on the fender when going over bumps? I haven't used spacers before, and eyeballing it looks like it would be close when the wheel moves to absorb bumps.

20mm spacer
lowered 1.7" on H&R springs
255/45-20 tire on 20x9 +34 offset wheel

Any idea if this combination would rub on the fender when going over bumps? I haven't used spacers before, and eyeballing it looks like it would be close when the wheel moves to absorb bumps.

20mm spacer
lowered 1.7" on H&R springs
255/45-20 tire on 20x9 +34 offset wheel

don't know about lowered, but 20x9.5 +45 with 18mm spacers have been recommended. you can spend some time on Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit to get a better idea

Ok buy new rims with +14 offset that don’t exist? Got it that solves it for me thanks!
I mean you don’t have to buy a specific +14 offset wheel to achieve what you’re looking to do. Plenty of wheel companies that make wheels in offsets and widths that would make the wheels sit more flush.

But with what you have you shouldn’t have any issues rubbing. I am lowered on H&R springs with 15/20mm spacers and still have a lot of room.

Reactions: whisperingshad
I mean you don’t have to buy a specific +14 offset wheel to achieve what you’re looking to do. Plenty of wheel companies that make wheels in offsets and widths that would make the wheels sit more flush.

But with what you have you shouldn’t have any issues rubbing. I am lowered on H&R springs with 15/20mm spacers and still have a lot of room.
Thanks, good to know. I'll try 20mm spacers. These tires are larger diameter than stock so hopefully will still be fine.

I like my wheels and don't need new ones, they would have to be 10 or 10.5" wide plus lower offset to be flush. At stock height they looked good, but lowering pushed it in a lot.