Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100% Fremont Factory Capacity ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody remember what the Fremont factory can push out a week if at 100% ?
GM/Toyota ~500,000.
reminder: ICE engine making not done in Fremont. Tesla may do motor building in Fremont - or is it Nevada? I don't know where Tesla builds motors - perhaps others do? Was the Toyota & re-badged GM care using the exact same ICE engines??

Watch Sandy Munro Model Y clips to see how Model Y cheaper to assemble [rear 1/3 of Model Y 4 Aluminium cast parts
and soon to be one piece casting. plus you add bolts. Also Tesla makes seats (S/X/3/Y are all the same seat frame). Which is to point out that Tesla constantly works down costs and improves assembly. See many of the Model Y parts soon shared with Model 3. Constantly improving. SW with updates (how often??) And I assume the battery packs are made in Nevada where Tesla/Panasonic make/build the battery cells (18650 & 21700)

We may have to wait for see what 100% output actually is S/X/3/Y ( us the paint shop the limit??).

When NUMMI was making trucks long long ago, The beds and frame rails would come from some other place. Used to see trucks loaded with parts on my drive past that place. Every time you drove near that place you'd see those parts going in. With Tesla it seems to mostly to be shipping containers and box trucks.

shifts per day- hour per shift length of work week
shifts per week (weekends for example
Better to just look at historical data - remember just one part can stop production (Elon talks about USB cable - even arranged for next day
air to US from Asia - over credit limit so it wasn't shipped. Then Tesla sent out employees to every computer store in Bay area - yes, even Fry's. Similar with carpets, I think - the cars stacked up in the factory parking lot. Number of days in a month or quarter. People often try to read way too much into daily, weekly even monthly numbers. Quarterly fine and now most all makers doing the same.

side note: Tesla more integrated than most [one seat frame for S/X/3/Y complete seats made near Fremont Factory.

Sandy Munro clips are very detailed - IF you are seriously interest in the nuts & bolts of manufacturing.