Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont factory closes Mon 9/18/23 - Any speculation on what happens?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess that depends on how you define “expensive”… sending everyone home for a day to NOT produce a bunch of Model S/3/X that they’re having trouble moving might not be the worst idea in the world.

I guess. Still seems extreme for a meeting. Maybe Tesla Fremont employees are getting the 4-day workweek that UAW employees are fighting for. 😜

Reactions: Darmie and ucmndd
Really?!?! That would make it an incredibly expensive meeting. Why wouldn't they just meet somewhere else?
So, everyone else around the world comes and visits the factory except our own government can care less?

1695223774536.png

Given it was yesterday and in California, not Texas, I don’t think so…
The Cybertruck introduction and production is to be made in the next few weeks. It hasn't happened yet, even though it obviously wasn't on the 18th. There have been preproduction Cybertrucks around for awhile, but they are not in production, and you can't order one or even see the specs.

The Cybertruck introduction and production is to be made in the next few weeks. It hasn't happened yet, even though it obviously wasn't on the 18th. There have been preproduction Cybertrucks around for awhile, but they are not in production, and you can't order one or even see the specs.
Right, but I’m not clear how a factory shutdown in California has anything at all to do with a vehicle they’re very publicly making in Texas.