Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 kWh Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PITA

Model 3 Performance
Sep 2, 2021
West Midlands, UK
Now, I don't know whether this is a good thing, or a bad thing...

But with all the battery storage we're accumulating, it can reach fairly heavy duty imports overnight.

How many of us are now in the 100 kWh Club?

Importing more than 100 kWh in one night?

Time to step out of the closet...

Screenshot_20240208_055714_myenergi.jpg

Reactions: evo9rs and phil4
Yep, happens to me every now and again.
I think my record is around 120kWh some time last winter.
This is a single phase connection with a 100A fuse.

As carbon intensity was very high last night I didn’t charge my car or heat the water so tonight I may well hit 100kWh again as I “catch up” during the lower carbon intensity time slots.

Attachments

• IMG_0796.png
    IMG_0796.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: PITA
Yep, happens to me every now and again.
I think my record is around 120kWh some time last winter.
This is a single phase connection with a 100A fuse.

As carbon intensity was very high last night I didn’t charge my car or heat the water so tonight I may well hit 100kWh again as I “catch up” during the lower carbon intensity time slots.

Yes, I did wonder how many now are jumping past the 100 kWh marker.

Thats pretty impressive for Domestic Properties.

I dont know who will be most attentive, National Grid or Police Thermal Imaging Helicopters...

Yes, I did wonder how many now are jumping past the 100 kWh marker.

Thats pretty impressive for Domestic Properties.

I dont know who will be most attentive, National Grid or Police Thermal Imaging Helicopters...
Well, as my draw is almost exclusively off peak and does not exceed the 100A they know I have (in fact my Gateway is configured not to allow my current to exceed around 95A) and my house is kept at a sensible 20 degrees Celsius, I am hoping neither of the two will be particularly bothered ;)

I do pretty much everything on electricity, though (cooking, heating, domestic hot water and mobility) so hitting 100kWh in the middle of winter doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

My house is REALLY well insulated ...

... weed is a REALLY good cash-crop

... "I was charging my electric cars Officer"

Importing more than 100 kWh in one night?

Not usually because I have a scheduler STOP the charge at the end of Off Peak - provided I'm not going somewhere back-to-back I'll fill up whatever I get on Off Peak on night one, and then top-off on Night Two (and maybe Three)