TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

11,166 Model 3s now in transit

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by a.void, Jul 2, 2018.

1. a.void

a.void Member

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. sooner

sooner Member

Is there some sort of Elon presentation coming soon after the end of Q2 or will that wait until Earnings report in August? Have tried googling for this with no luck.

3. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Transit to where? I'm patiently waiting in SF :)

4. vigge50

vigge50 Member

We have to wait until August

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

This is why I keep telling people, don't be surprised if you configure and, instead of 2-4 months (or whatever), you get a call saying, your car is ready next week, about that money... :D

I would treat all the delivery estimates on the website as maximums, and be ready when you place an order. Anything could happen for the rest of this year!

6. Need

Need Active Member

Except if you ordered the AWD non Perf. I don't think they have too many of those stocked up. And since they are probably pumping out the Perf models first, the AWD may really have to wait a few months for the first delivery. I am hoping it would be sooner as I don't really want to wait until Nov 30 and wondering if I am going to get it before end of the year for the full tax credit.

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Perhaps... just be ready with money and charging. Just sayin' :D

8. sooner

sooner Member

Are the 5000+ they made in the last week included in this figure?

9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

In case you're wondering why I rated it funny, it's just a number that's so much higher than any other plug-in and they're trying to overcome production problems.

• Like x 1
  10. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Most likely. Otherwise where would they go? So, it's almost 3 weeks of production. Which I think is an average time anyway it takes for a produced car to reach its owner - it's not like they had to hold back a lot.