Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11 miles of phantom in 53 hours and constant charge notifications?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A family member unplugged it and the problem stopped

Problem with phantom drain stopped? You shouldn’t be getting charge complete notifications if it’s unplugged.

I recently started having the constant “charge complete” notifications throughout the day and higher than usual phantom drain. I’ve already done a reset the first time I noticed it and that hasn’t fixed it.

That's good. Mine lost 6 miles in 14 hours after unplugging. Still quite high compared to the past.
Just did the "two-steering buttons + brake" reset. I'll check again a few hours. I don't have to drive the car today.

Well, lost another 14 miles in the next 30 hours. All in all, I have lost 32 miles (10% charge) in about 70 hours with my car parked at mostly 60-70º temperature and with the Maintain Temp setting off. No incessant waking up with the app either. I probably woke the car up 2-3 times a day to check the SOC. Something has changed since the 50.6 update I did on Friday. I haven't seen this type of drain before.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Well, lost another 14 miles in the next 30 hours. All in all, I have lost 32 miles (10% charge) in about 70 hours with my car parked at mostly 60-70º temperature and with the Maintain Temp setting off. No incessant waking up with the app either. I probably woke the car up 2-3 times a day to check the SOC. Something has changed since the 50.6 update I did on Friday. I haven't seen this type of drain before.

Just got home. After unplugging 2 days ago I’ve lost 18 miles in my warm garage and the car is awake a lot without me checking it with the app

Definitely seems to be something odd going on with 50.6. I have had elevated vampire drain too (1.5x, about 5-6 miles per day). I’ll have a chance to leave the car for 3 days so should be able to get a good handle on this by next Tuesday with no apps and all the supposedly optimized settings (the ones people talk about that seem to do nothing).

rebooted. seems ok overnight plugged in. drove to work today. no issues so far. glitch in the matrix I suppose

Here's my latest. I finally drove the car for about 6 miles about 16 hours ago. After that, the drain seems to have gone back to the old normal. So unplugging didn't help, reboot didn't help, but driving the car may have set something right. I'll observe and update this thread if anything interesting happens. As you said, may be it was just a glitch in the matrix.