Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v and usb plugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,
Are the 12v and usb plugs in the center console always hot or only when the car is on? I want to install a under dash led light strip to actually be able to see the phone or drink in the front cup holders and need to figure out how to power it
Thank you

Hello All,
Are the 12v and usb plugs in the center console always hot or only when the car is on? I want to install a under dash led light strip to actually be able to see the phone or drink in the front cup holders and need to figure out how to power it
Thank you
This has been covered numerous times before.
The USB ports are only alive if Sentry Mode is turned on.
The 12V (16V) are only on if you are in Camp Mode. However be aware the vehicle will not lock itself if it is in Camp Mode. You can manually lock the car from the touch screen or the app.

This has been covered numerous times before.
The USB ports are only alive if Sentry Mode is turned on.
The 12V (16V) are only on if you are in Camp Mode. However be aware the vehicle will not lock itself if it is in Camp Mode. You can manually lock the car from the touch screen or the app.
I just want to make sure that my under dash lights are off when the car is off as well

I just want to make sure that my under dash lights are off when the car is off as well
Usually the screens are dark when no one is in the car. But there is often a small delay between getting out, and having the screens go dark. Dog Mode of course leaves the main screen list up, with a message to passers by. If you have Sentry Mode active, the screen will be lit with the HAL Evil Eye. The vehicle is never fully off. If it was, the vehicle would never wake up when a key approaches.