Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trunk 12v outlet not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 days ago I added a new led light kit to the front and passenger areas using the 12v outlet in the center console.

I put my old led light strip in the trunk and it hasn't been working. I did test it on the center console and it does work.

I did a search and there's a fuse box on the driver side next to the go pedal. But does anyone know which fuse?

sorry, i pulled the panel and there was no fuse box. the video i looked at was actually for the X. i've looked through a bunch of install video and online searches, can't find anything on the Y fuse box...

X fuse box
fuse box X.jpg

no fuse box on the Y
no fuse box Y.jpg

i might have to put in a maint request on the app.

update. it was the cigarette lighter fuse (5 amp). the outlet works.

i plugged it into the center console and it wasn't working, so changed the fuse. it came on for a second and broke the fuse. put in a 3rd fuse and it worked. plugged it into the trunk outlet and its working.

update. it was the cigarette lighter fuse (5 amp). the outlet works.

i plugged it into the center console and it wasn't working, so changed the fuse. it came on for a second and broke the fuse. put in a 3rd fuse and it worked. plugged it into the trunk outlet and its working.
Glad you found it. Where is the fuse? Hard to understand how a 5A fuse was the problem when the 12V (really 16V in current production cars) is rated for 12A continuous and 16A peak.

still no idea where the MYLR fuse box is located.

the little rubber piece where the wire goes into the cigarette lighter had came loose, and i guess it might have allowed the wiring inside to touch, creating a short?

20240322_194257.jpg