Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12volt battery service message on screen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi just noticed this message on screen which says 12v battery requires service soon.
Should it not say needs replaced soon.
I seem to remember reports of the 12v battery not lasting very long and can leave you stranded.
Does this mean I have to book into service centre.
Any info apppreciated.

You should book a service appointment. Sensors have determined that there is something going on with your 12v battery. Usually means they will replace it, but will do diagnostics first to determine that it is being charged properly.

Risky to put it off.

When you call for service they sometimes will do some OTA diagnostics to determine if it can be repaired remotely, but usually needs to be taken in.

Had this warning on my X after a couple years. They simply put a new on in and I was quickly on my way.

hi just noticed this message on screen which says 12v battery requires service soon.
Should it not say needs replaced soon.
I seem to remember reports of the 12v battery not lasting very long and can leave you stranded.
Does this mean I have to book into service centre.
Any info apppreciated.

You need to book it in via the app, but it will probably be farmed out for a Ranger to do. Don’t try and ring the SC, the phone is not answered anymore. It’s all done via the app, or My Tesla. They will respond by email and/or text message.