Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

150amps main breaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

leody

Oct 18, 2019
guam
anybody can give me best opinion..
is is\t possible to put 5 tesla powerwall in 200amps backup gateway using 200amps generation panel.. but the main breaker is only 150amps.. anybody can give me a one line diagram..

Yes you can. But the specifics of how you would do that would depend on a lot of factors. Five Powerwalls is almost a Powerpack. The important question is do you need kilo Watt capacity or Kilo Whatthour capacity. Depending on the answer to that question you may have more economical alternatives than just 5 Powerwalls.

Yes you can. But the specifics of how you would do that would depend on a lot of factors. Five Powerwalls is almost a Powerpack. The important question is do you need kilo Watt capacity or Kilo Whatthour capacity. Depending on the answer to that question you may have more economical alternatives than just 5 Powerwalls.

actually, our customer need a 105 pv modules of 300W with 105 Micro-inverter (enphase IQ-7). i know that the 200amps back up gateway can accommodate uo tp 2- 200amps generation panel and up to 10 powerwall.. total KW for 105 pv modules is 31.50KW.
is it possible to use the 150amps main breaker?.. the backup gateway would be bigger than the main breaker.. because its holding 2 200amps generation panel.. pls help me.. your suggestion is very appreciated..

actually, our customer need a 105 pv modules of 300W with 105 Micro-inverter (enphase IQ-7). i know that the 200amps back up gateway can accommodate uo tp 2- 200amps generation panel and up to 10 powerwall.. total KW for 105 pv modules is 31.50KW.
is it possible to use the 150amps main breaker?.. the backup gateway would be bigger than the main breaker.. because its holding 2 200amps generation panel.. pls help me.. your suggestion is very appreciated..

What is the peak power (in Amps) of the solar array?
Do you have circuits that are not backed up?
What is the peak power needs?

Depending on your local building code (Guam?), the busbar of the 200 A back up-panel and the 200 A generation panel may be limited by the 120% rule.

Depending on layout and existing constraints, You may either up size the busbar of your back up-panel and generation panel and/or de-rate the main breaker.

• Informative
Reactions: Ampster
What is the peak power (in Amps) of the solar array?
Do you have circuits that are not backed up?
What is the peak power needs?

Depending on your local building code (Guam?), the busbar of the 200 A back up-panel and the 200 A generation panel may be limited by the 120% rule.

Depending on layout and existing constraints, You may either up size the busbar of your back up-panel and generation panel and/or de-rate the main breaker.

Assuming 240VAC, 105 Enphase IQ-7 micro-inverts x 1.31A Maximum continuous output current, each = 106.31 A
For Safety, add 25% to a continuous load, 106.31 A x 125% = 133 A,
Round up to the next biggest breaker size, 150 A

You'll need a busbar that can support an ampacity of the 150A solar, 5X Powerwalls, and 150A service.

150 A Solar + (30 A per Powerwall x 5 Powerwall) + 150 A Service = 450 A
450 A / 1.20 = 375 A min,
Round up to a 400 A back up panel.

Assuming there are no circuits that are not backed up (everything is backed up), the 150A service can be connected to everything in a 400A backup panel (including backup loads of various sizes). This is one way of doing it.