Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

150kW SuperCharging in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a reply from SC that CCS adapter is not yet available and will most likely be there by July. One more month of wait ;-)

I scheduled the appointment in the app a while back and they emailed me that the part doesn’t exist. I sent them the Tesla link and was told it’s ordered and they will reach out to me when it comes in. Not sure where you are in CH but this is with the SC in Schlieren.

I scheduled the appointment in the app a while back and they emailed me that the part doesn’t exist. I sent them the Tesla link and was told it’s ordered and they will reach out to me when it comes in. Not sure where you are in CH but this is with the SC in Schlieren.

Thanks for the update. I reached out to Winterthur SC ( picked my car from Schlieren btw )

Please keep me posted if you hear anything from them.

The graph you posted to claim that the 150 kW was illusory because it only lasted for a very short time is specific to the BTX6 battery, for thermal reasons specific to that build. There are a lot of S/X batteries that show a much better curve. So no, it's not marketing nonsense.

The graph you posted to claim that the 150 kW was illusory because it only lasted for a very short time is specific to the BTX6 battery, for thermal reasons specific to that build. There are a lot of S/X batteries that show a much better curve. So no, it's not marketing nonsense.

I'm pretty confident that the BTX6 battery is the highest capacity and highest voltage option for the S/X. Please provide links to "lots of other S/X batteries that show a much better curve" with a load of 150kW.

So unless there is some new pack that I'm not aware of the 150kW claim as made from the Tesla post about faster charging on S/X is marketing non-sense. Until a new pack actually is released that also has a native Type2 CCS connector on the S/X we can probably see similar results as the 3.

If you want a 100kW battery, then no, you're indeed stuck with the limitations of that battery pack. So in that sense for that battery and thus current production of S100D or X100D, yes, you can only charge at 140kW for a very short time. So it's perhaps marketing nonsense for you. I wouldn't be surprised if they make some tweaks to the batteries for future 100kW X or S cars (without model changes), but of course that's not going to matter a lot for existing customers.

I've got a BT37 battery (not in an S or X, obviously), and it's not marketing nonsense for me. If you had qualified your sentence, I'd have been fine with it, but the thread is not titled "150kW Supercharging in Europe for Ramonneke's current car because that's all that matters".

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if they make some tweaks to the batteries for future 100kW X or S cars

We already know for months that the 3 is capable of 250kW so 150kW wouldn't be an issue at all.

Yes you are right that the title doesn't explicitly state this but I assumed that @widodh was referring to the 150kW announcement specific to the Model S/X that surprised most and not the 3 which we know is capable of even higher rates.

- The Longest-Range Electric Vehicle Now Goes Even Farther

Faster Charging
Paired with the new more efficient drivetrain design, Model S and Model X are now capable of achieving 200 kW on V3 Superchargers and 145 kW on V2 Superchargers. Together, these improvements enable our customers to recharge their miles 50% faster.

As we now know based on real-life data is that this statement is indeed marketing non-sense. Yes it peaks but immediately starts to tapper.

That in the future new battery packs will be able to charge as such rates is for sure but it does not apply to *any* S/X currently produced.

So potentially a wrong assumption from my side but then let me correct:

"The Tesla announcement about v2 SuC capacity claimed for S/X to reduce charge times by 50% is marketing nonsense."

Yes you are right that the title doesn't explicitly state this but I assumed that @widodh was referring to the 150kW announcement specific to the Model S/X that surprised most and not the 3 which we know is capable of even higher rates.

Darn, so we're in violent agreement? Where's the fun in that? ;-).

Yes, no argument from me: there are limits to what you can do with an older design that was not exactly originally tested to be used at 150kW charging rates. I do think that they'll probably end up trying to make tweaks to the 100kW battery for S and X (who knows, perhaps Raven already has some tweaks), but it's not going to help existing customers, sadly.

Reactions: ramonneke
Any updates on this one?
At last. They called last Monday and setup an appointment for Friday.

I was told it would take 1.5 hours but was told it would take 2.5 when I arrived. Even it took 8 hours to get it done at the end because of software issues.

It’s done now. The only test I have done is at the 50kw charger at Lidl. It only charged at 30kw - I suspect/hope it’s the charger.

Reactions: OPRCE