Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

16V Lit-Ion Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The factory Li-ion battery is 15.5V. People still call it a 12v but its not. So, no, there isnt two different factory Li-Ion batteries for Model 3, there is only one Factory li-ion battery for model 3 and its the one you have.

I keep specifying "factory" because aftermarket Li-ion batteries are not relevant for this question / discussion.
Sorry NOT true my MY manufactured 4/22 in Fremont has a 12V same form as the 16V

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
If you have a lithium ion battery, stock, from tesla, its the same one as every other tesla model Y that has a lithium ion battery. There are not 2 types of factory lithium ion batteries.
Given another thread popped up, I should clarify people talking about "12V Li-ion" were not lying. When the first versions came out the label said "12V Li-ion". It was later when they relabeled it "16V Li-ion" as per OP in thread. This is why some people say they have a 12V Li-ion from Tesla given that is literally what the label says:
E3lBF3KVkAUjU-r

I don't think Tesla low voltage Lithium batteries have ever been 12V.

It's non-Tesla, third-parties low voltage Lithium batteries that are 12V. These are for older cars with traditional rounded +/- terminals that you can easily access to (easily use a clamp on), not a big special big connector that you can't use a clamp on.
You're correct. Some of the earlier 16V Li batteries seem to be mislabeled as "12V". WeberAuto on YouTube shows an OEM mislabeled as "12V". It tested at 16V.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H