Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to charge the 16v li-ion battery? 1598486-00-D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normally, the car will charge the low voltage battery from the main battery. But, if the low voltage battery is depleted, it might not have enough energy to activate the contactors.

To get around this, you can connect a 12V jump box to the jump start terminals to provide enough charge for the car to activate the contactors.

You should disconnect your aftermarket equipment until you determine what went wrong.

Normally, the car will charge the low voltage battery from the main battery. But, if the low voltage battery is depleted, it might not have enough energy to activate the contactors.

To get around this, you can connect a 12V jump box to the jump start terminals to provide enough charge for the car to activate the contactors.

You should disconnect your aftermarket equipment until you determine what went wrong.
Thank you, yes I agree. All disconnected!

I'm going to maybe buy a battery tomorrow. Is there a chance my battery is damaged from a stereo amp?

Did Tesla stock them at some repair centers?

The lithium low voltage battery has internal protection circuits for things like short circuit, overcharging, etc.

Have you tried jump starting as described in the manual? Normally, the only way for a good low voltage battery to run down is if the main battery SoC gets too low and cuts off, or you disconnect the main battery too long. The lithium low voltage battery has very little capacity as compared to the older lead acid battery.

Have you disconnected your aftermarket equipment?

If you can't get it to charge by jump starting the car, then create a service ticket and let Tesla diagnose the problem.