Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" OEM Tire size Question for snow tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your speedometer will be reading slightly under what you are going. Here is a great site to see the difference:

Here is your options. At 60 MPH reading you will actually be doing 60.9 MPH:
1673712436176.png

• Informative
Reactions: android04 and KenC
Just wondering if I can use this set from a family member that doesn't need it anymore.
Winter Set: Yokohama Ice Guard 245/45R18 100T IG52
Model 3 RWD oem 18" (I think OEM tire size is 235/45R18)
I can confirm that 245/45R18 tires fits and run perfectly fine on 18x8.5 wheels.

The other questions is which Yokohama Ice Guard tire model are you being offered?
Ice Guard is a sub-brand, and there are multiple models within it: IG51, IG52, IG53, etc.

Ice Guard's are an OK winter tire.
I wouldn't recommend buying it, but if you get it for free, then it's better than an all-season donut:

I can confirm that 245/45R18 tires fits and run perfectly fine on 18x8.5 wheels.

The other questions is which Yokohama Ice Guard tire model are you being offered?
Ice Guard is a sub-brand, and there are multiple models within it: IG51, IG52, IG53, etc.

Ice Guard's are an OK winter tire.
I wouldn't recommend buying it, but if you get it for free, then it's better than an all-season donut:
IG52 how are they? I will have a read at tirerack

I really think that Tesla's winter wheel/tire package is a pretty good option. The Pirelli tires they come with perform well in winter tests, but also take *top scores* in wet and dry braking and handling, with a HUGE advantage over some other top winter tires. Considering some will drive 95% NOT in the snow, this is pretty important IMO. Having a spare set of wheels will avoid the expense of switching tires 2x/year which will add up over time. Also the aero wheels are nice for winter tires since they help with range when it's needed most i.e. cold weather. I plan to get a set next winter.