Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Michelin X-Ice SNOW - Has anyone got them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had TR order for these too, 255/45R19, kept on getting pushed out. Then I called a local tire shop to see if they could get them and they got back to me that Michelin told him late Feb or early March for first batch. I cancelled my TR order and locally got Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV instead. Michelin is my first preference but 21 inch Ubers with summer performance rubber is no longer an option for me with the dropping temperatures here, so hopefully Nokians are a good alternative.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I had TR order for these too, 255/45R19, kept on getting pushed out. Then I called a local tire shop to see if they could get them and they got back to me that Michelin told him late Feb or early March for first batch. I cancelled my TR order and locally got Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV instead. Michelin is my first preference but 21 inch Ubers with summer performance rubber is no longer an option for me with the dropping temperatures here, so hopefully Nokians are a good alternative.
I’m looking at the hakka r3 also. Let us know the efficiency you see when you get them.

Btw I think the only difference between the r3 and the r3 suv is the aramid sidewall protection. Both have suitable load ratings for the y.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I’m looking at the hakka r3 also. Let us know the efficiency you see when you get them.

Btw I think the only difference between the r3 and the r3 suv is the aramid sidewall protection. Both have suitable load ratings for the y.

Will do, but the numbers may not mean much for the first XXX (500?) miles while they break in. I chose the SUV version since they were cheaper than the other R3 flavor. Installed on Martial MW03 19 x 8.5 to minimize curb rash risk. Only put them last night, so just 10 miles on them thus far, enough to get new TPMS to register and locate correctly. Need to charge up and see how they perform over the next week or two. They are a bit noisier but also a softer ride when compare to 21 Ubers on MY PUP. I was getting 257 WH/mi before on the 21 Ubers, just around town driving, nothing above 50 MPH.

this discussion has me worried now. the local store told me two weeks ago there were 16 245/45/r19 x-ice snow available in vt, so reserved four. in a call earlier this week they said they were all ready for install monday (had to wait for the bluetooth sensors to get here (very quick service from peabody MA SC)). so will see monday.

Who knows. My local tire shop could be very low in the pecking order to get any of these from Michelin when compared to other places like TR, or things could have changed recently. I got tired of hearing check back next week and a week later, try next week and with colder temps here, unable to drive. So perhaps they got whatever the problems were solved and they are now shipping? That would be my luck, just as I got my second choice installed last night...

this discussion has me worried now. the local store told me two weeks ago there were 16 245/45/r19 x-ice snow available in vt, so reserved four. in a call earlier this week they said they were all ready for install monday (had to wait for the bluetooth sensors to get here (very quick service from peabody MA SC)). so will see monday.
Is that a typo? 245
  • Be careful, they are 102 load rating, you want 104. They aren't rated to carry as much weight as stock.
  • I noticed you said new sensors, so I assume new rims, hopefully aftermarket and smaller, as 245/45 won't fit the stock 19x9.5.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ewall=Blackwall&partnum=445HR9XISXL&tab=Sizes

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: 907XCP and doct89
Very curious how this worked out. Per Michelin's specs, the 245 shouldn't fit out 9.5 inch wide wheels... what was your turn out?
way back i said i wanted fast's 19" x 9.5" wheels. someone here wrote to say the 9.5" width was too wide for 245/45/r19 michelin x-ice snow, so changed to the 8.5" width. range seems to have increased on the performance Y from 280 miles fully charged to 300+ miles at 100% charge, though i am extrapolating based on the mileage projected at 80% charge. tires are cold inflated to 43 psi, due to winter's cold weather. ride is good, handling 'seems' to be same as with the 21" uberturbines.

way back i said i wanted fast's 19" x 9.5" wheels. someone here wrote to say the 9.5" width was too wide for 245/45/r19 michelin x-ice snow, so changed to the 8.5" width. range seems to have increased on the performance Y from 280 miles fully charged to 300+ miles at 100% charge, though i am extrapolating based on the mileage projected at 80% charge. tires are cold inflated to 43 psi, due to winter's cold weather. ride is good, handling 'seems' to be same as with the 21" uberturbines.

So specifically what set of wheels are you using? From what company?

So specifically what set of wheels are you using? From what company?
fastco wheels, designed and marketed from canada though manufactured to their spec in china.

https://www.fastwheels.c/categories.aspx?sbv=1. bought the 19x8.5 EV01(+). purchased from canadawheels, but there is a us distributor.
FE01E-EV01Plus-Titaniums.jpg

Will do, but the numbers may not mean much for the first XXX (500?) miles while they break in. I chose the SUV version since they were cheaper than the other R3 flavor. Installed on Martial MW03 19 x 8.5 to minimize curb rash risk. Only put them last night, so just 10 miles on them thus far, enough to get new TPMS to register and locate correctly. Need to charge up and see how they perform over the next week or two. They are a bit noisier but also a softer ride when compare to 21 Ubers on MY PUP. I was getting 257 WH/mi before on the 21 Ubers, just around town driving, nothing above 50 MPH.

Update. The 21 inch Ubers were getting about 257 Wh/mi with around town driving, typ 45 MPH zones. The 19 inch MW03 with 255/45R19 Hakka R3 SUV running 42 PSI are getting about 221 Wh/mi for me under similar driving conditions. Highway driving 70-75 MPH is more like 300 Wh/mi The Hakka's are still being broken in, less then 300 miles on them. Driving temps are 35-50 deg F. So I am surprised by the 19 inch Hakka's + MW03 and how they compare to the 21 inch Ubers.

Well, website now shows 11/21 availability... so much for getting my hopes up. I’m considering getting the Continental Viking 7’s instead. Anyone have experience with them?

I've got about 1500 miles on Vikingcontacts 7s on my MY. I have the MPP lift, and I downsized to 18inch wheels. I'm running 245/60/18s... We've had 2 feet of snow over the last two days and I live up a long twisty gravel road... The tires plus off-road assist have been bomb proof. We also have a subaru with studded tires and I like how this handles the snow better... Highly recommend the Conti's.

I've got about 1500 miles on Vikingcontacts 7s on my MY. I have the MPP lift, and I downsized to 18inch wheels. I'm running 245/60/18s... We've had 2 feet of snow over the last two days and I live up a long twisty gravel road... The tires plus off-road assist have been bomb proof. We also have a subaru with studded tires and I like how this handles the snow better... Highly recommend the Conti's.
Which Subaru do you have? There are a few different AWD systems offered. (I'm a long time Subaru owner).

SOLD - thanks!

Tire Rack. Placed my order back in early October.
in september, after i was told by the local michelin dealer the x-ice snows weren't in their system yet, i called and spoke with the always helpful sales person at tire rack who told me the tires were not available yet and keep checking their site or call back. when they eventually did appear on the tire rack site they did not have the two sizes i initially wanted to mount on the Y. finally was able to get the tires locally (4 of supposed 16 available in vt) and bought the same size for all the corners. they've worked well, though it isn't really winter yet. i've always had good luck with michelin.
when the winter hydrophilic tires started being the thing, i bought a set of four vredestein hydrophilic winters for my front drive car. most likely i bought vredestein because they were less money than most, but they turned out to be amazing in any of vermont's winter conditions. from then on i bought vredestein winter tires, until for some reason they stopped being available and started buying michelin.

• Informative
Reactions: doct89