Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Tire options: Continental vs Michelin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
need to look whether a tire has a rim protection band built into the tire sidewall.
Well, both the DWS06+ (I’ve used it on all three of my car so far) and the tires that came on my MYP do, Michelin Pilot Sport 4. They don’t look like much when the tires look stretched though.

Greetings fellow Model Y drivers!

My 2021 Model y original tires are pretty much shot at 21K miles (Continental). I've never experienced a set of tires wearing out so fast, though I've reading it's pretty common with these cars. I was hoping to make it through the winter but it doesn't seem possible.

I have always been a fan of Michelin and was going to buy a set of Pilot Sport A/S 4, but have been hearing good things about the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06+ lately. Tire Rack rates the Contis #1 and the Michelins #2. Both are excellent.

With Michelin's rebate at Costco now they are about the same price. So... which to buy.

I am hoping to get some inputs from people who have owned one or both of these tires and what your thoughts were. We have moderate snow/ice so some degree of winter performance is necessary, but not dedicated snows. Grip (wet and dry) and longevity are most important, noise is probably second.

I must admit I am a little concerned about buying Continentals given how fast the OEMs wore out. I am hoping they were not characteristic of Continental products. I may have been driving a little too spirited as it's just too much fun playing with instant torque. I plan to tone it down a notch on the new set.

Thanks for any help.

From Tire Rack
View attachment 852296
Mine are worn out with 14,000 miles. I’m trying to find the date? this should be prorated.