Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" vs 20" wheels+tires for Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased Yokohama YK-GTX 19's for my 3. My Tesla chews through tires so wanted to avoid paying high end prices since they have to be replaced a lot more often than previous cars I have owned. The last set of Continental ProContact RX's only lasted 20K. Prior to that I had the original Michelin Primacy MXM4's 30K & bought another of the same that lasted 30K (I currently stand at 80K total). The Yokohama's were a fair amount cheaper and recommended by the guy at Discount Tire. If they hit 30K it will still be cost savings. There has been minimal increase in noise, I really looked for it in the beginning and could barely make out an increase when paying attention. After 500 miles it doesn't really register. The efficiency has stayed similar as well.

Reactions: Discount Tire
I recently purchased Yokohama YK-GTX 19's for my 3. My Tesla chews through tires so wanted to avoid paying high end prices since they have to be replaced a lot more often than previous cars I have owned. The last set of Continental ProContact RX's only lasted 20K. Prior to that I had the original Michelin Primacy MXM4's 30K & bought another of the same that lasted 30K (I currently stand at 80K total). The Yokohama's were a fair amount cheaper and recommended by the guy at Discount Tire. If they hit 30K it will still be cost savings. There has been minimal increase in noise, I really looked for it in the beginning and could barely make out an increase when paying attention. After 500 miles it doesn't really register. The efficiency has stayed similar as well.
Thank you for your business, we appreciate your support. The Yokohama YK-GTX is a great choice of tire. Please keep us informed as to how many miles they deliver.