Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st accident, what to do

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got in an accident with my Y; my fault...Slightly dinged side panel over tire- got pierced through one spot and plenty of scratches.....SHould I report to insurance or try to pay cash to body shop and avoid reporting to insurance? What are the determining factors on what to do???

Hi, I got in an accident, my fault..I have a 1k deductible from Costco american family insurance ......The quotes I am gettin are in the 3k to 5k range...Should I use insurance and file a claim or go out of pocket? If I do the former I am scared they will jump my monthly payments to compensate for the price of my accident, or should I bite the bullet and file a claim?????

File for the insurance. That's what you're paying for!
SO I got in an accident, my fault....I want to file a claim since my expenses will be high..However, the guy I hit wants me to settle via cash, and not use insurance...he said his monthly insurance will go up, even though he's not at fault and he said insurance takes a long time to get the issue resolved(sending him the check for car...What should I do? If I file a claim insurance will take care of his car needs--whether he likes it or not, and will his insurance go up??