Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st Tesla in the Winner's Circle at Sonoma Raceway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was this bracket racing?
If she went 8-0 in a bracket racing setup then my next question almost answers itself but I have to ask... what kind of variance in times did she experience over the 8 passes?

Yes, it was Bracket Racing. I don't have the slips in front of me but I'm pretty sure her 1st and best run was 12.55@112mph@76%soc and her last and worst was 12.71@110mph @68%soc. A head wind also started up midway through the day so that should of added a little time.

Yes, it was Bracket Racing. I don't have the slips in front of me but I'm pretty sure her 1st and best run was 12.55@112mph@76%soc and her last and worst was 12.71@110mph @68%soc. A head wind also started up midway through the day so that should of added a little time.
If that was her max variance throughout all the runs that is fantastic consistency, and I would expect her to win many more races. 0.16 variance over 8 runs is amazing.

Scr(ew) em, nobody wants to breathe their exhaust anyway.
Well, the alcohol burning car engines are like a drug to me. Reminds me of hanging in the Indycar pits with my Dad when I was younger. Gas and diesel exhaust, no thank you. Burning rubber has its subtle nuances that I can enjoy like a fine wine, but I prefer AWD cars that don't need to melt rubber to produce the desired traction level nowadays so I guess it's a dying enjoyment, much like heel-toe shifting.

Unfortunately this could lead to a rule change within the NHRA or other sanctioning bodies. No gas engine can produce those kinds of results.
I do not race so please allow for any misperception I may display. I thought the whole point of bracket racing was to improve the enjoyment of racing without increasing the cost to race through engine/drivetrain upgrades but rather to give more emphasis to the driver's ability to "drive" the vehicle within the actual race. Sure EV's are digitally controlled and ICEV's are mostly analog controlled but the driver in both vehicles is an analog device. I will agree though that it would be very hard for an ICEV driver to compete with an EV driver. The rule change might just be as simple as only allowing EV's to bracket race other EV's.

This was with my Wife driving at her 1st ever drag race. The car is a 3D Non-P @ 76%SOC. We had a blast and it was awesome to put the 1st ever Tesla in the Winner's Circle at Sonoma Raceway. Our Tessy Girl went is 8-0 against a lot of vet drag racers.
It wasn’t a sanctioned IHRA event. So was it a bracketed test and tune? My wife has done rec night and test and tune. The problem with Tesla’s and any sanctioned event is you can’t disable all vehicle traction aids so yes they will beat many cars.