Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2/22 Configurators

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, but I configured on 2/22, VIN assigned on 3/4 and delivery scheduled for 3/29 in Charlotte, NC.

Deep Blue Metallic w/ Sport Wheels w/o EAP

Sport wheels seem to be the exception at least earlier this month. For the last week or so it's only been the pacific coast with rare exceptions. Sport wheels still seem to be the key for less popular colors like the lighter silver.

End of quarter push. Fastest to ship to locations are right up I5.

The real question for those of us not in CA - when will Tesla decide they've booked every possible delivery in California, and switch to out-of-state.

For example, if a VIN is assigned on 3/29, is it possible to deliver it in CA by 3/31? If not, time to show some love to those of us out-of-staters who have been waiting 5+ weeks!

Configured 2/22
Vin assigned 3/22
Delivery is: 3/31 ... the last day of the month. S. California, so easy delivery target.
Here come the cars! And get this: we will be in a group that is receiving our cars!

That's how crazy it's getting. The "personal" delivery is going to give way to groups as the number of deliveries increases.
They've just opened a new delivery center to handle it.

The delivery will be 2 years and 18 minutes since we got our reservation :)

Our Sales advisor says that EV's are nearing 1% market penetration.

Reactions: JimmyAZ and SteveG3
Dang, that is really awesome. I did not know they were assigning VINs to East Coast, however I guess that makes sense since the assignment happened 3 weeks ago.

They were delivering to the whole US until 3/16 when they stopped and basically went to the I-5 corridor. Take a look at the spreadsheet in the stickied thread in this forum for the specifics

Using the spreadsheet(I know it's not perfect) I started looking at people that configured in Jan/Feb and don't have VINs yet. It went from 34.4% on Saturday 3/24 to 32.1% today 3/27.

As mentioned by others, this number is probably a little high but I will update it until at least I get my VIN!!!

The real question for those of us not in CA - when will Tesla decide they've booked every possible delivery in California, and switch to out-of-state.

For example, if a VIN is assigned on 3/29, is it possible to deliver it in CA by 3/31? If not, time to show some love to those of us out-of-staters who have been waiting 5+ weeks!

No kidding! I'm in the 2/14 invite batch, and I also configured on 2/19. At this point, I'd love to just have a VIN and be told it'll be 2 weeks for delivery rather than this undefined waiting period. Let's get a move on!!!

(Side note: My sister lives in Reston, maybe someday we'll drive by each other!)

No kidding! I'm in the 2/14 invite batch, and I also configured on 2/19. At this point, I'd love to just have a VIN and be told it'll be 2 weeks for delivery rather than this undefined waiting period. Let's get a move on!!!

(Side note: My sister lives in Reston, maybe someday we'll drive by each other!)
Agreed, I can wait patiently for a known delivery date. This waiting for the unknown date of VIN for 6 weeks is death. I know once I get VIN I'm probably like 6-10 days from delivery, so that's not bad. but thinking i'll get a VIN in week 3 and still not having it at 6 week mark is maddening.

Reactions: toffty
Great News! ISA called this afternoon (3/27) and advised that my car is on it's way to San Diego. Should arrive at the new San Diego delivery center by this weekend. Delivery is scheduled for Monday 4/2. If any other owners picking up their vehicle in San Diego this weekend happen to see a Red M3 w/18" Aero wheels (VIN 116xx) feel free to take a picture and post. I hope everyone else who configured 2/22 also gets their vehicle soon. My good news also means that as the Q1-18 CA deliveries wind down the rest of the country will once again see their deliveries ramp up.