Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla! Model S Plaid Delivery Date In 2 Weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!

This will be my first Tesla and their price cuts actually worked on me lol... for $89k I couldn't resist getting the Plaid (I've always said I would buy one one day when the prices came down). I couldn't justify $140k though.

I ended up leasing the car cause of the crazy price uncertainty and I already own a BMW.

So a few questions for everyone! I currently have a 22 bmw m3 comp xdrive... am I in for a rude awakening on delivery day for the quality of the Plaid compared to my bmw? If there are things wrong with the car should I refuse delivery and get a new vin?

Also should I wait for a 24 vin or is there no difference at all at this point since I'm leasing? The refresh won't be here for like 6 months if anything right? I kind of wanted to wait to see if they would change anything like rgb lights but wanted to jump on this amazing price before they raise it again.

Reactions: ginmqi
Be sure you are OK with any paint defects and panel alignment. Generally check the other things on the car. Most other things can easily be fixed after delivery. Just expect good, not perfect. The price will go up and the fire sale prices will stop with the 2024 model intro. If I were close to getting a new ev, I'd probably buy now.

Reactions: mm9351 and dn325ci
Be sure you are OK with any paint defects and panel alignment. Generally check the other things on the car. Most other things can easily be fixed after delivery. Just expect good, not perfect. The price will go up and the fire sale prices will stop with the 2024 model intro. If I were close to getting a new ev, I'd probably buy now.
Seem pretty confident in the price increase...Just curious. Do you have some information on this?

Try not to get swayed by forum persuasion. Most (majority) have no or very few issues at delivery. Picked up ours a month ago with not a single issue. Truly an amazing car. Regarding new year, it is highly unlikely any changes will happen as Tesla does edits year long not at model year like other OEMs. I would wager prices remain the same if not increase soon. Have to remember they are driven to retain annual revenue and volume to continue growth and appease share holders. With the Model 3 refresh announced (there number 2 volume revenue seller) basically on pause with buyers they needed a heavy incentive to drive trade ins upgrades and sales on high dollar available products to offset that paused revenue. The Model SX is filling that gap. Enjoy your new car. Will be a Completely new world compared to a BMW M3.

Okay got it. So if there is like gaps in some of the panels, do I refuse delivery? Or tell them to fix it and then deliver it to me the next day? Or do I take delivery and then bring it in to get fixed later?

Try not to get swayed by forum persuasion. Most (majority) have no or very few issues at delivery. Picked up ours a month ago with not a single issue. Truly an amazing car. Regarding new year, it is highly unlikely any changes will happen as Tesla does edits year long not at model year like other OEMs. I would wager prices remain the same if not increase soon. Have to remember they are driven to retain annual revenue and volume to continue growth and appease share holders. With the Model 3 refresh announced (there number 2 volume revenue seller) basically on pause with buyers they needed a heavy incentive to drive trade ins upgrades and sales on high dollar available products to offset that paused revenue. The Model SX is filling that gap. Enjoy your new car. Will be a Completely new world compared to a BMW M3.
That's what I thought that's why I pulled the trigger now. I'm really excited to try it, I've only driven the long range and model 3 performance so I'm not sure what to expect for the power difference. One of the Tesla workers at the dealership said I won't notice that much more power from the long range to the Plaid but I'm starting to think that's not true? I've been reading there is a noticable difference with that extra motor

That's what I thought that's why I pulled the trigger now. I'm really excited to try it, I've only driven the long range and model 3 performance so I'm not sure what to expect for the power difference. One of the Tesla workers at the dealership said I won't notice that much more power from the long range to the Plaid but I'm starting to think that's not true? I've been reading there is a noticable difference with that extra motor
The power difference is disgustingly bigger.
I suggest your seat be at a 90 degree angle as you’ll slide up the seat. Lol.
My hat flew off.

That’s with the windows down. 😂

Okay got it. So if there is like gaps in some of the panels, do I refuse delivery? Or tell them to fix it and then deliver it to me the next day? Or do I take delivery and then bring it in to get fixed later?
Up to you what to do. I would make sure the gaps are even and that no paint or gap defect would affect resale value or the opening and closing of the panel, where appropriate.

Yeah not sure it could be described honestly. Before purchase I watched many videos (like others) and said come on it can’t be That shocking or different. Yeah, it’s dam near frightening (in a good way) to be honest. I have had Many performance type cars over the years with Pro Chargers you name it and the Plaid is all of those experiences x10. Just need to be careful how and where you unleash that power. Noticeable will be a major understatement to be certain. More surprising to me is going 50 mph it has the Same rocket force as off the line which no car I have ever driven could reproduce. Congrats and be safe!

Yeah not sure it could be described honestly. Before purchase I watched many videos (like others) and said come on it can’t be That shocking or different. Yeah, it’s dam near frightening (in a good way) to be honest. I have had Many performance type cars over the years with Pro Chargers you name it and the Plaid is all of those experiences x10. Just need to be careful how and where you unleash that power. Noticeable will be a major understatement to be certain. More surprising to me is going 50 mph it has the Same rocket force as off the line which no car I have ever driven could reproduce. Congrats and be safe!
Where’s that Doug demuro video. Dude looked like he got it up the rear end and liked it. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS
I'm crazy excited to try it now!!

Reactions: Yelobird
No, just the prices are very low now. A new year model normally would cost more, not less.
Agree! While it is true that MS / MSP prices appear to be at a record low, if one is willing to gamble as the end of the 4th quarter approaches there may still be more incentives looming on the horizon. Perhaps free SC miles, enhanced referral credits and the like. It's happened many times before, and it wouldn't surprise me if another round of incentives are tossed in on this 'slower moving segment' of the Tesla lineup.

Reactions: GSP
Agree! While it is true that MS / MSP prices appear to be at a record low, if one is willing to gamble as the end of the 4th quarter approaches there may still be more incentives looming on the horizon.
The 2024 model will be introduced this quarter. Maybe during winter next year prices will go down. The remainder of this year the prices will likely go up with the new model, like all other cars.

Reactions: teko
Agree! While it is true that MS / MSP prices appear to be at a record low, if one is willing to gamble as the end of the 4th quarter approaches there may still be more incentives looming on the horizon. Perhaps free SC miles, enhanced referral credits and the like. It's happened many times before, and it wouldn't surprise me if another round of incentives are tossed in on this 'slower moving segment' of the Tesla lineup.

They actually just took down the referral to $250 but they dropped the model 3 prices.

The 2024 model will be introduced this quarter. Maybe during winter next year prices will go down. The remainder of this year the prices will likely go up with the new model, like all other cars.
You really think in 24 Tesla will drop model 3 prices even lower then $89k for plaid??? What about the refresh coming out won't that make the price go up historically?

You really think in 24 Tesla will drop model 3 prices even lower then $89k for plaid??? What about the refresh coming out won't that make the price go up historically?
I think the new model s, changing model years from 2023 to 2024, coming out in the next month or so, the price will increase for the model s, like it does with most new model year cars at introduction. Perhaps over the winter the price may drop again. I think that is what my other post said, and I think we agree, don't we?