Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2,500 for 1.0s improvement 0-60mph?

75/75D owners, would you pay $2,500 for an upgrade to improve 0-60 by 1 second?

• Yes

Votes: 95 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 31.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I voted yes given the option as a current standing owner. But to cancel an order and reorder? Not so sure, kind of a slippery slope there. By time your reordered car is nearing production, they'll pull the demand lever on something else and make you start pondering another $2,500 switch. That's no way to live.

Has anyone tested their 0-60 times? Are there apps out there? I did a very unscientific test yesterday with a passenger. 0-60 was 5.15 and 4.8 sec. Felt great. I do feel that acceleration improved with software unlock of 75D from 60D. I'd probably plunk down another $2500 for acceleration equal to a 90D. I almost switched from 60 - 90D last minute due to range anxiety for longer trips ( I was upgrading from VW eGolf ). a recent 2000 mile road trip with 3 kids in the back was no problem and the kids needed longer stops than the Tesla did, so a 90 would have allowed me to put a roof rack on to carry more unnecessary beach toys.

It's not just 1.0 0-60. It's a new better built drive train.. right?

Reorder. Later the build the better the tesla. If you can wait, wait.

That is what they are teaching everyone. I almost considered trading in my AP1 for AP2. Now I will just keep waiting and by 2019 there might be another company offering something better. Who knows.

I voted yes given the option as a current standing owner. But to cancel an order and reorder? Not so sure, kind of a slippery slope there. By time your reordered car is nearing production, they'll pull the demand lever on something else and make you start pondering another $2,500 switch. That's no way to live.
For some it may also be no way to live constantly regretting what could have been if they did exercise that option. ;)

There is no dilemma FOR YOU. Those whose care are in transit do face that dilemma. Out of curiosity, how will you plan to know for sure whether your car has it once you take delivery?

btw I think you misread my post. Or you completely forgot what you actually posted. You specifically said the dilemma was in regards to reservation reservation holders, not those who have a car being shipped as we speak. I even quoted this in my reply for clarity. And even I said in my reply there is no dilemma if the car is in queue for production/at the reservation stage. I'm not sure I could have made that clearer. Calm yourself.

Today I got noticed from the delivery team that my not yet delivered S75 does not have the upgrade.
So it is not hypothetical anymore.

I'd pay the money for the additional performance, so I'd cancel and reorder.

The car is awesome either way. It'll restart your order process so add a month or so delay. You might justify the additional expense it by considering that it should fetch a bit more if and when you choose to sell it, so your final net cost would likely be a little less than the lost deposit amount. For me it'd be a no brainer.

Good luck.

Based on the poll, I now see why Tesla is not throwing any deep discounts at the old 75's in inventory. If they discounted those cars by just $2,500, almost 1 in 3 people (as per the poll results right now) will be happy to take the money in lieu of the faster car. Possibly a lower discount , like $1,000, might make it 1 in 5, but either way that means Tesla should not have any problems moving the existing inventory without having to result to deep discounts for "slow" cars.