Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 different Pirelli Winter Tires on same Tesla ok?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone. I'm looking to buy some 19 inch snow tires for my 2013 p85. I see a pretty good deal on 2 used Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 tires, and 2 used Pirelli Winter Sottozero series II tires. They all have about the same tread left of 7/32. Do you think this would cause any issues or should all 4 tires be the exact same tires? Thanks!

No idea if the 2s or the 3s are grippier, but the general consensus regardless of drivetrain layout is that you put the grippier snow tires on the front and the almost as grippy tires on the back.
Understeering into a pole > not having enough rear grip to take off from a stop

Reactions: jaguar36
No idea if the 2s or the 3s are grippier, but the general consensus regardless of drivetrain layout is that you put the grippier snow tires on the front and the almost as grippy tires on the back.
Understeering into a pole > not having enough rear grip to take off from a stop

Oh..hmm...Thank you. Most were saying to put the 3s on the back and the 2s on the front. I didn't buy them yet bc some were also saying that the tread would probably only last for 1 winter, and I'm buying a set of 19" wheels that come with tires on them already (not snow tires).