Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Reservations & a Cancellation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
So we placed our first reservation back in January of 2018 for a Model 3. We just had Tesla install 32 305W solar panel system for roughly 9.7kW on our home and had (2) powerwalls reserved as well. However, my wife and I were talking and NV Energy will pay us 95% value of excess energy. So we cancelled the 2 powerwall reservations and placed another reservation for a Model 3 last night. Our plan is to get the LR whenever the first one comes up....hopefully before year end so we can get the tax credit. If not, just a SR for that one, and then the 2nd one will obviously be a SR as we wouldn't need two long range. Does anyone think we will be able to actually get a LR this year and a SR by late next year?

So we placed our first reservation back in January of 2018 for a Model 3. We just had Tesla install 32 305W solar panel system for roughly 9.7kW on our home and had (2) powerwalls reserved as well. However, my wife and I were talking and NV Energy will pay us 95% value of excess energy. So we cancelled the 2 powerwall reservations and placed another reservation for a Model 3 last night. Our plan is to get the LR whenever the first one comes up....hopefully before year end so we can get the tax credit. If not, just a SR for that one, and then the 2nd one will obviously be a SR as we wouldn't need two long range. Does anyone think we will be able to actually get a LR this year and a SR by late next year?
My guess is no, or else very very late this year. But there is only one way to find out for sure.

I went with the Powerwalls so when we have a power failure, my house and solar panels continue to produce power. A few months back, the neighborhood had a power outage and everything worked as planned. I also got a SGIP rebate on the batteries.