Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Teslas 2 different premiums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is baffling. Can anyone explain. My Agent can't explain it.

There is a $100 6 month difference on premiums between the 2 Teslas.
Based on the VIN, State Farm shows one is a "Model Y" and the other is a "Model Y Sport".

The only difference is one is
Austin built White/Black with 19’’ Gemini Wheels
Fremont built Gray/Black with 20’’ Induction Wheels

The Austin White/Black with 19’’ Gemini Wheels is $100 more every 6 months than the Fremont built Gray/Black with 20’’ Induction Wheels

We have 2 MYLR Teslas. One is Fremont built and the other is Austin built so the VIN numbers are basically 1 letter difference.
Freemont 7SAYGDEE8PF612XXX
Austin 7SAYGDEE8PA086XXX

Both policy numbers are at least 10 years old so max discount for age of policy
both polidies have same renewal dates
Both Policies list same annual mileage and same drivers.

Must be their backend system marking anything with a 20" wheels to be the performance model. I would send them your order agreement showing that is indeed a long range. But also it could be gender risk profile differences with the MY for the primary male driver having higher premiums?....which makes me wonder if identifying as female lessens your insurance premiums in the earlier years..

Must be their backend system marking anything with a 20" wheels to be the performance model. I would send them your order agreement showing that is indeed a long range. But also it could be gender risk profile differences with the MY for the primary male driver having higher premiums?....which makes me wonder if identifying as female lessens your insurance premiums in the earlier years..

Wife and I are 76 years old, no chargeable accidents, no tickets, same discounts including accident free discount. Both credit ratings are both 830 or above.

The VIN doesn’t identify different wheel sizes, only difference identified by VIN is the factory where it was built.

The one with 20” wheels is Fremont built and husband is listed as primary driver. Has annual miles driven less than 12,000.
The one with 19” wheels is Austin built and wife is listed as primary driver. That one also lists annual miles driven as less that 7500. That’s the one with the higher premium.

My State Farm agent told me they have a client with 2 identical Nissans, purchased the same day. One has a $400 premium and the other an $800 premium and they are trying to get answers why.

Florida insurance industry is getting real crazy.