Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 weeks or 6-8 Weeks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Standard M3 on 5/27. My Tesla account says 6-8 weeks, but when I try to configure a new M3 (just for fun) is says within 2 weeks? Live in Bay Area. So not sure what to believe. Concern because trying to meet the July 1st deadline for tax incentive.

You ordered fully knowing it would take 6-8 weeks. That's what you agreed to. For people ordering now it will take 2weeks. You cannot expect Tesla to adjust your wait time because the wait time has changed for new orders. If you were willing to wait 6-8 weeks when you ordered, what changed your willingness?
Your neighbor's grass is always greener.

I am sorry I could not resist. This post sounded too much like the "price change" post. I am just being dumb and sarcastic.

You ordered fully knowing it would take 6-8 weeks. That's what you agreed to. For people ordering now it will take 2weeks. You cannot expect Tesla to adjust your wait time because the wait time has changed for new orders. If you were willing to wait 6-8 weeks when you ordered, what changed your willingness?
Your neighbor's grass is always greener.

I am sorry I could not resist. This post sounded too much like the "price change" post. I am just being dumb and sarcastic.

No you are just giving your honest opinion. I appreciate it. This is my first post as I'm a newbie. I should say that the sales person did say off the record that it will be about 2 weeks. This is the first time I actually paid close attention to the 6-8 week notice on my Tesla account.
Didn't mean to suggest I should get it sooner, just wondering what others have experienced. Cheers!

I was considering posting a similar question yesterday. The best idea is to monitor the "waiting room" thread for your type of vehicle, locate order dates near yours, and see what happens. I'd also consider your location - the Bay Area is a good one as the car doesn't have to go onto a train to get delivered. Tesla appears to be working outward from the Bay Area in terms of prioritizing deliveries.

I ordered 6/1. Estimator said "within two weeks" at the time - and still does today. For both a new build on the website and for my specific order.

But the "waiting room" threads all appear to be significantly longer waits. Every once in a while, a 2-3 week wait pops up. But those are infrequent.

I ordered mine on 5/19 and my account immediately said 6-8 weeks.

I got a text on Monday saying my car was in transit and I am scheduled to pickup my car on Friday 6/7, so less than 3 weeks total.

Obviously a lot of factors will play in to your actual delivery date, but there is hope.

SR, blue, black, aero was my configuration for reference.

I was considering posting a similar question yesterday. The best idea is to monitor the "waiting room" thread for your type of vehicle, locate order dates near yours, and see what happens. I'd also consider your location - the Bay Area is a good one as the car doesn't have to go onto a train to get delivered. Tesla appears to be working outward from the Bay Area in terms of prioritizing deliveries.

I ordered 6/1. Estimator said "within two weeks" at the time - and still does today. For both a new build on the website and for my specific order.

But the "waiting room" threads all appear to be significantly longer waits. Every once in a while, a 2-3 week wait pops up. But those are infrequent.
:)

47 days for me. Ordered on May 3rd. Delivery is scheduled for June 19th.

It said 2-4 weeks on the website when I ordered.

I think I had everything going against me. White interior, FSD, Delivery to Toronto...

You’re much closer. Should receive it soon enough.

Reactions: pdx3181
Concern because trying to meet the July 1st deadline for tax incentive.
You can always call your DA and ask them to check for inventory cars that may match or be close your specs. You might be able to get one of those faster if you're willing to compromise on something.

I’m not looking forward to the complaints from people who end up with a delivery date of July 2...
They need to take delivery by the end of June so the complaints will start on July 1st :D

My sales advisor says "Since you guys did order the off menu base Model 3. They are currently building vehicles that are ready for custom order via the website. That is why the delivery is estimated for 6-8 weeks, just because Tesla has gotten a spike in orders over the past three weeks. The delivery window of 2 weeks is for the Standard Plus Model 3. If you guys want to increase your chance of getting the car delivered by the June 30th I would recommend change your order to the Standard Plus since that is the car they are currently building at the masses. It is going to be a bit more expensive but you are going to be getting more range, heated seats, and better resell value later down the line. "

True or a sales pitch for the Plus? What do you think?

I
My sales advisor says "Since you guys did order the off menu base Model 3. They are currently building vehicles that are ready for custom order via the website. That is why the delivery is estimated for 6-8 weeks, just because Tesla has gotten a spike in orders over the past three weeks. The delivery window of 2 weeks is for the Standard Plus Model 3. If you guys want to increase your chance of getting the car delivered by the June 30th I would recommend change your order to the Standard Plus since that is the car they are currently building at the masses. It is going to be a bit more expensive but you are going to be getting more range, heated seats, and better resell value later down the line. "

I do not feel that is a sales pitch. I hear that is what they are also telling P3D and LR AWD buyers. They wouldn't try to downfall them. The demand right now is highest for the SR+ and so that is what Tesla is shoving out the most of at this point.

I'd be willing to bet he's not lying one bit. Lots of SR+ going out RN

Reactions: TS-LA143
I ordered on April 29 and was told two weeks until delivery. Fully loaded car with FSD. It's been over 5 weeks and still no VIN assigned. I started calling around and got someone at the factory that said that they are in short supply of the white leather and they couldn't guarantee delivery before July unless I switched to black leather. So that two week delivery promise is marketing nonsense. I'll cancel the order if it doesn't come in June.

Reactions: TS-LA143
I ordered on April 29 and was told two weeks until delivery. Fully loaded car with FSD. It's been over 5 weeks and still no VIN assigned. I started calling around and got someone at the factory that said that they are in short supply of the white leather and they couldn't guarantee delivery before July unless I switched to black leather. So that two week delivery promise is marketing nonsense. I'll cancel the order if it doesn't come in June.
What configuration did you order? Im awaiting a Black/White SR+ with 19's. Ordered 5/19 and still no VIN. Wondering if will be experiencing similar wait time with white interior.