Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 - the year of Peak ICE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd revive this thread now that it appears we have finally reached peak ICE. ICE sales flat or declining in most of the world.

China is the world leader in EVs.

China Is Building Too Many Electric Cars

Overall retail car sales in China fell by 5.8 percent in 2018 to 22.3 million cars. That was the first annual drop since 1990. On the other hand, 1.26 million so-called new energy vehicles were sold in China last year, representing a 61.7 percent jump in sales. China’s shift from older polluting cars to new electric cars is expected to continue growing this year.

Reactions: MitchMitch

This is fine and dandy down south. But combustion vehicles will continue to rule the north unless technology improves.
People that live in a apartment complex park outside. And with the wind its -43 today.
I realize a Model 3 will be a fair weather car and remain parked for the most of the 6 or 7 months of winter. But I am a tiny minority that is even considering one.

This is fine and dandy down south. But combustion vehicles will continue to rule the north unless technology improves.
People that live in a apartment complex park outside. And with the wind its -43 today.
I realize a Model 3 will be a fair weather car and remain parked for the most of the 6 or 7 months of winter. But I am a tiny minority that is even considering one.
Not many people live in your extreme environment... There's a reason for that.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

But as people shift to ride-hailing, car-sharing, and driverless electric vehicles, many of Germany’s advantages will evaporate. “The three core features of mobility in the 20th century are dissolving: cars that need a driver, are privately owned, and are powered by a combustion engine,” says Stephan Rammler, an auto industry consultant and professor of transportation design at Braunschweig University of Art. “Germany risks falling behind new giants being created in China and the U.S.