TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2010 Tesla Roadster S Auction

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by eMileage, Aug 15, 2013.

1. eMileage

eMileage Member

I have it on good authority that a 2010 Red Tesla Roadster S will be on auction shortly on the Canadian Government Crown Assets Auction site. I'm told it has about 25,000km on the odometer.

Tesla 2010 Roadster S.jpg

It should appear here once posted: gcsurplus.ca

Cheers,
    Emile.

2. bart513

bart513 Member

It's not listed yet. How difficult is it to import to the US?

3. eMileage

eMileage Member

That, I have not done. So I'll let someone on your side of the border respond. But if it is anything like importing from U.S. to Canada, it may be a little tedious but not too painful. I just had to follow the steps laid out on our Registrar of Imported Vehicles site (as well as advice from others who had previously completed the process).

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Importing it from Canada to the U.S. you might upset some of our Canadian members who mentioned in a thread a bit back how they don't have access to many Roadsters because the CPO program can't/won't move a vehicle to Canada from U.S. (or something like that).

5. bart513

bart513 Member

I'm willing to make a deal. If Canada can prevent the Keystone pipeline from becoming a reality I promise not to bid on this Roadster! Btw I won't likely bid unless the price is really right:)

6. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

Yep, it's a one way street. Canadian Roadsters can be imported into the US but US Roadsters can't be imported to Canada. Tesla hasn't filed the paperwork necessary to put the Roadsters on the admissible vehicles list.

7. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Just be aware, this is not a sport as the Title may appear to make it as a Sport: "Tesla Roadster S"

There is no no side sport badging or indication of the "S" highlighted on the seats which the real sports have.

8. bart513

bart513 Member

Good and important point!

9. eMileage

eMileage Member

Perhaps I got it wrong when we spoke. I was sure he said it was a Roadster S.

Would a moderator mind updating the thread title? Thanks.

10. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

11. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yes, I thought it was important to highlight this to Canadians, since the number of Roadsters in Canada will never go up. At least until they're old enough to be considered "classic cars".

FYI I have seen it in person and it is NOT a Sport. It is however extremely well cared-for.

12. eMileage

eMileage Member

Just FYI, it has also been posted to Kijiji Ottawa...

View attachment 28747